Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yakimo EXO experience?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know there's a thread for this system in the Y channel, but thought I'd start one for X since the cars are at least a little different. Exo

Anyone care to share their experience with Yakimo EXO? It does seem like it's built more for larger vehicles with higher hitch weight limits.

Base (68 lbs) + box (28 lbs) + upper arms (33 lbs) + ski rack (13 lbs) = 142 lbs. Seems like a no-go for the 120 hitch limit for the X, unless using just the base + box / other accessory.

My one thought in that regard is -- would it be possible to replace the X's spoiler with a couple of tie downs, and tie the upper arms of the EXO to there? That would eliminate the weight issue, if the spoiler posts could handle that rearward pull.

It seems like it's great system, weight aside. Too bad it's not available in aluminum alloy to match the Tesla frames.

I al curious too, about this topic, not so much about removing the spoiler, sorry that seems crazy talk, but about using the exo box with maybe only the lower part for skis or even the second floor and a the box.that wiuld be my ideal setup

Reactions: nicedrum