Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ya, there should be no regulations on business. We should be like China.
Sure let's go to the other extreme... :rolleyes:
Why can't people find productive middle ground is beyond me, and this board is not for political discussion. This fight will be quickly resolved to Tesla's benefit but the damage to California will be steep.

If the support he is losing is along the line of Lorena Gonzalez and her “f#*# Elon Musk’ tweets then good riddance. I am stunned by the totalitarianism leaking out of the so called progressives for years now, and her reaction pretty much sums it up. How she somehow views herself and her colleagues as an alternative to the current occupants in the White House is beyond me, as they are obviously cut from the same cloth.

She's a former labor and community organizer and since Tesla does not embrace unions -- in pro union CA -- Elon is dead to her. Doesn't matter to her how much environmental good he does.

All this shitake over an extra 2 weeks of shutdown?

Seems like small peanuts...

What is the Machiavellian motivation here? Marketing? Excuse to move to Tejas? There must be one.

Childish outbursts during times of extreme frustration is signature Musk. What was the motivation for the pedo tweet and funding secured? EM has demonstrated incredible strategy in the design and execution of the Masterplan, but only the most naive fan boys think he has world class communication skills...

Childish outbursts during times of extreme frustration is signature Musk. What was the motivation for the pedo tweet and funding secured? EM has demonstrated incredible strategy in the design and execution of the Masterplan, but only the most naive fan boys think he has world class communication skills...
pedo guy was dumb, but if seen some interesting theories about funding secured

It's also a top story on other sources, and I'm disappointed with how little nuance a story can contain when it fits within an ideology's cognative resonance.

This morning on NPR they said Elon was threatening to sue over "social distancing." Which is a gross oversimplification of the issue. But for many people "Republican is bad. Republican says reopen. Elon says reopen his factory, therefore Elon bad."

It makes so much sense to allow businesses that can operate safely to operate, and keep the rest closed. Why does everything need to be so black and white?

I saw a news story this morning where an ‘auto expert’ claimed Tesla didn’t have the cash to actually move the company to another state. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
He should reply to her: Thank you for proving my point.

Her cluelessness is breathtaking. What an absolute disgrace.

It makes me think of AOC when she successfully torpedoed the new Amazon HQ.

Congratulations for stopping one of those bad billionaires from hiring tons of people at good wages in your local area. Now he will have to do it somewhere else!

• Informative
Reactions: AudubonB
9th-18th - safety training - dress rehearsals on making cars safely with all COVID-19 protocols in place, on going review of protocols.

19th onward - regular production with pre-validated protocols...

Smart decision to validate the protocols, you can't be too careful.:)
Safety training does NOT take a week - one shift maximum. Tesla already stateded in their blog "all employees must complete an online video training before returning to work at any Tesla facility."

Tesla has been doing this for 2 months already at their facility in Shanghai. They know how to build cars safely, as shown by their results with zero covid-19 cases at GF3 since restarting production.

It's time now. Not some arbitary round number, lika 1 week. That's the hobglin of an uninformed, disconnected bureaucrat, who would rather be attending a Sunday b-b-q than doing his job.

This will end quickly (and poorly on election day) for Mr. Haggerty if he continues to neglect his responsibilites.

EDIT: Confirmed! :eek: Scott Haggerty is dirty as crude. Investigate his recent banking transactions? Contacts with L.A. Times reporter Russ Mitchell?

And why wouldn't the Gov'n or California correct the record on Tesla's contribution of hospital equipment in Los Angeles?

https://www.sacbee.com/opinion/article242059196.html

The rot goes to the top with this won. Makes you want to leave California for a more honest State.

Last edited:
Not Sphinx - a Peterbald.

I forgive you.
8082C52A-DAE1-48DE-ACE4-0FE960D15F7C.gif

Here's a map comparing the factories to scale. Little bit outdated. In Giga Shanghai, the whole south eastern part is now filled the the Model Y complex. And in Giga Berlin the ground leveling for the first (south west) building is finished.
49336987016_caaf5df5a8_h.jpg

You can check the current satellite images here: Compare daily satellite images of Tesla production locations

Holy tundra! That is a sobering display of the ginormous scale of the german Gigafactory. I had no idea it was planned to be so much larger than even the expanded China Gigafactory!

Safety training does NOT take a week - one shift maximum. Tesla already stateded in their blog "all employees must complete an online video training before returning to work at any Tesla facility."

Tesla has been doing this for 2 months already at their facility in Shanghai. They know how to build cars safely, as shown by their results with zero covid-19 cases at GF3 since restarting production.

It's time now. Not some arbitary round number, lika 1 week. That's the hobglin of an uninformed, disconnected bureaucrat, who would rather be attending a Sunday b-b-q than doing his job.

This will end quickly (and poorly on election day) for Mr. Haggerty if he continues to neglect his responsibilites.

EDIT: Confirmed! :eek: Scott Haggerty is dirty as crude. Investigate his recent banking transactions? Contacts with L.A. Times reporter Russ Mitchell?

And why wouldn't the Gov'n or California correct the record on Tesla's contribution of hospital equipment in Los Angeles?

https://www.sacbee.com/opinion/article242059196.html

The rot goes to the top with this won. Makes you want to leave California for a more honest State.

It's a weird situation. How would a supervisor work against the company that he's "proud of bringing" to a city in his county? Here:

Scott Haggerty: Do You Know What a County Supervisor Does?

In his closing minute he said, “I’m proud to say I brought Tesla to Fremont,” which created more than 10,000 jobs. He also helped to bring Gillig, the second-largest transit bus manufacturer in North America, to Livermore. Working with the cities, he helped negotiate deals with these companies at a time when many manufacturers were moving out of the state or even out of the country.