Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I haven't read the previous pages so not sure if someone else posted this already.

This sums up the reason why the twitting is important. In case someone is combing the forum for Elon to digest, make sure he sees this video.

This is exactly the reason I start to be angry about these so called die hard longs. They blamed elon's twitter for the fall from $350. They naively think if he does not twit then the defamation and slander would not exist. Shorts work hard to sabotage tsla, longs shout hard to blame elon. If they can use half of the energy they used to blame elon to work against the lies, the situation would be better.

I saw the exact opposite reaction with Gen Y and even Gen X people: "epic trolling!" was the general consensus. The Joe Rogan podcast has a very high 'like' percentage. They are the youngest, most important generation of car customers: demand for the next 20 years secured, not contingent on shareholder vote. ;)
It seems that Elon's behavior has been very polarizing of late, and the younger generation doesn't seem to be bothered by it as much as others. We are in our 40s and have found Elon's behavior of late unfortunate.

Unfortunately, this is quite true. I'm not ready to bail here personally, partly because that would be financial suicide at this point, but also because I love Tesla cars. They are simply outstanding products. My wife drives an X and I now have a performance 3 after driving an S for over 3 years. We love the cars. However, my wife is now in the boat of very much disliking Elon because of his behavior. She was never an admirer but was basically neutral before. She has mentioned several times recently how much she dislikes Elon because of his arrogance and aggressive petty public attacks. She is now driving the X in spite of her dislike for Elon, because she really likes the car. However, she has said that part of her doesn't feel right about driving a car when she doesn't like the person who made it (symbolically.) I remind her how much she likes the X and that there is much more to Tesla than just Elon. Unfortunately, it's pretty clear that she's not the only one who has developed quite a negative impression of Elon over the last year. It's really a shame that things have evolved this way.

Tell her she's right and offer to get her a different car instead of the X. Bet she'll come around pretty quick.

So crazy how so many trolls come out of the woodwork when the stock is down.

troll.jpeg

What are you guys even talking about? You do realize that Tesla target audience doesn't care because THEY ARE NOT SHAREHOLDERS! We are ultra sensitive to his tweets because we are tied to them financially. You think how many millennial cared when he said funding secured? Or SEC can suck my dick? WTF is a SEC anyways? No one cares..everyone just want to see BFR, Falcon Heavy, launching more crazy things into space, Model S trashing Bugattis, Roaster 2.0 rocket boosters, etc etc. Elon knows exactly what millennial care about which are superlatives. It's always about the first, biggest, fastest, longest, whatever-est. All this talk about shorts sellers and financial talk are all yawn fest for the majority of people out there. Just remember, over 62% of Americans doesn't have more than 1k in their bank account. You really think they care about investing/short sellers/cash flow positive?

Unfortunately, this is quite true. I'm not ready to bail here personally, partly because that would be financial suicide at this point, but also because I love Tesla cars. They are simply outstanding products. My wife drives an X and I now have a performance 3 after driving an S for over 3 years. We love the cars. However, my wife is now in the boat of very much disliking Elon because of his behavior. She was never an admirer but was basically neutral before. She has mentioned several times recently how much she dislikes Elon because of his arrogance and aggressive petty public attacks. She is now driving the X in spite of her dislike for Elon, because she really likes the car. However, she has said that part of her doesn't feel right about driving a car when she doesn't like the person who made it (symbolically.) I remind her how much she likes the X and that there is much more to Tesla than just Elon. Unfortunately, it's pretty clear that she's not the only one who has developed quite a negative impression of Elon over the last year. It's really a shame that things have evolved this way.

And this is the impetus, where the general perception of Tesla becoming uncool starts.
Short selling, FUD, Henry Blodget/BI etc. that´s all symptoms.
My wive is feeling the exact same, and 3 potential buyers in our neighborhood now have a change of mind.
The moment the car is no longer "en vogue" because of an UNSYMPATHETIC LEADER, is where the tides are changing.

If you as a tsla supporter cannot explain clearly elon's frustration to your wife, imagine how the constant lies in the media would do to non tsla families. BTW, did your wife try to read and judge all the arrogance of the creators of her other favorite products?

People have such a high standard for a transparent guy who tries so hard to help them. But they have no standard for the enemies of human race who constantly poison the air and earth. No wonder it is easier for corporate to burn the world and reap the profit.

Short positions carried over from Solar City when it merged with Tesla. Thus giving a reason to want Tesla to fail.

That may be, but that doesn't apply to me... I've never done ~anything~ with Solar City, period...
And I couldn't care less where other people bought or sold, not my business...

It doesn't even matter what anybody ~wants~, it only matters that we buy good companies, and sell poor companies...
And in this case, I don't have to want Tesla to fail... Seems to be doing a fine job of it all on it's own...

Just one opinion, and you're entitled to your own, but that's how I see it.....

$TSLA short term charts continue to look very promising
Shorts basically on the verge of capitulation and a coiled spring like release in SP likely to occur any day now
Expect a fast and rapid run up as shorts rush for cover
OMG, just saw this know-it-all 200% confident uber bull become famous in the shorts circle. I thought he already gave up after he lost a ton few months back. Hopefully, he can manage the pain and doesn't lose another 30 years of his life savings.
I recall TMC esteemed member @DaveT even posted his interview like he is some trading genius.

tt007_screwed.JPG

Let this serve as a lesson for the uber bulls and uber bears. It is an advice.

Last edited:
Lmao this is all an act to have Saudis buy our cheap shares. Elon and institutions are colluding. Elon always gets what he wants. Always.

Trying for a ban making up lies?

And in this case, I don't have to want Tesla to fail... Seems to be doing a fine job of it all on it's own...

Just one opinion, and you're entitled to your own, but that's how I see it.....

Historic manufacturing growth, number 1 passenger car by revenue, worldwide charge infrastructure, historic demand, most capable driver assistance system, safest car in America.... are you in the upside down place?

The reason why i used that is because of pessimism. By removing the elon premium, we see that the fundamentals have a long way to go to affect price. Until the day we can draw a line and show increasing earnings that deserves a pe if > 20, fundamentals do not affect sp. So we are left with the elon premium. The twits and flip flops destroys that premium.

It is also what ppl will use when recession hits.
You are ignoring massive revenue growth with intentionally deferred earnings during growth.

Reactions: neroden
OMG, just saw this know-it-all 200% confident uber bull become famous in the shorts circle. I thought he already gave up after he lost a ton few months back. Hopefully, he can manage the pain and doesn't lose another 30 years of his life savings.
I recall TMC esteemed member @DaveT even posted his interview like he is some trading genius.

View attachment 341251

Let this serve as a lesson for the uber bulls. It is an advice.
These are gamblers, Elon and Tesla owe no allegiance to anyone using TSLA stock to gamble.

Reactions: Unpilot
This is exactly the reason I start to be angry about these so called die hard longs. They blamed elon's twitter for the fall from $350. They naively think if he does not twit then the defamation and slander would not exist. Shorts work hard to sabotage tsla, longs shout hard to blame elon. If they can use half of the energy they used to blame elon to work against the lies, the situation would be better.

My take away from this is the schism that's been created between longs.

The defamation and slander were easy to brush away and debate with others before. But the twits helps cements the fact that it might be true, or at least raised enough doubt that it can no longer be defended with confidence.

If you were to debate with a short in real life now and they raise the fact that elon is unstable and points to the twits, how are you going to reply? The very fact that you long are lashing out against these so called longs is evidence that the longs have effectively been divided into 2 groups

Tesla has been succeeding based purely on word of mouth. These things affect word of mouth. Until real income comes in and real marketing with commercials can be executed this relationship will and remain important. When tesla can afford to spend on marketing, by all means disregard any need to maintain the word of mouth.

loomberg: Are you seeing some of this coming in the non-oil sector too? Because oil has been -- historically you’ve seen a lot of oil investments but the crucial thing is non-oil FDI.

MBS: We believe it’s both. We believe we will have an amazing deal in October, in two weeks from today. So it will be big numbers. It will be in FII [The Future Investment Initiative conference] and it’s far away from oil. This deal is just what’s happening in Saudi Arabia – so there is one deal in FII and there are other deals that will be announced there.

Bloomberg: Any details we can get – what industry even?

MBS: It’s far away from oil.

Bloomberg: Is it technology?

MBS: Maybe. But this is in Saudi Arabia with big numbers.

Bloomberg: Is it anything to do with cars?

MBS: We will see. You know, we are two weeks away from that date.

Bloomberg: On a separate note, we’re very interested to know whether you’ve driven a Tesla.

MBS: Actually, we, PIF invests in a lot of companies in the United States of America, especially in the stock market. And Tesla looked like a good opportunity for PIF and we bought a few shares there. We have almost 5% of the company.

Bloomberg: But have you ever driven a Tesla?

MBS: The Tesla, I never did that. I’ve seen Tesla a lot. I just rode in one with King Abdullah of Jordan. He drove it mostly in LA. But I’ve never driven a Tesla, but they say it’s extremely good.

Bloomberg: You didn’t ask him to have a go?

MBS: It didn’t come to my mind, but it’s really smooth, no noise. I believe it will be a really promising industry in the future.
Bloomberg: Do you plan to order one for yourself?

MBS: Maybe not today. Maybe tomorrow“

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

What, he bought 5% without driving it? What happens when he drives it?

Trying for a ban making up lies?

Historic manufacturing growth, number 1 passenger car by revenue, worldwide charge infrastructure, historic demand, most capable driver assistance system, safest car in America.... are you in the upside down place?
Why would I want to be banned? I’m just speculating. Elon is smarter than anyone critiquing him. Saudis have two announcements coming up, and they wouldn’t deny to Bloomberg that they bought more stake. Can’t you tell that Tesla being public is driving him to his grave? He will take it private by all means necessary.

• Disagree
Reactions: Tslynk67
Status
Not open for further replies.