Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will get it 1st. So wait with bated breath for my 1st impressions post 📫!!! /s

12.4 to be specific..
Pass me that overly optimistic blunt so I can take a hit. 🤣 🤣 🤣

Screenshot 2024-05-17 at 5.00.44 PM.png

• Funny
Reactions: FSDtester#1
Your continued insistence that Chuck's UPL is a simple turn has grown tiresome. I'm going to refrain from any further posts on this subject. Glad to see you're a minority of 1.
It’s a simple unprotected left turn. Whether unprotected left turns are simpler than other types of turns is a much more complicated question. Unprotected left turns are simple because it is very clear who has the right of way and you don't have to worry about mistakes made by other drivers. They're only complicated because you have to track the movement of other road users accurately but this is something that machines should excel at.

It’s a simple unprotected left turn. Whether unprotected left turns are simpler than other types of turns is a much more complicated question. Unprotected left turns are simple because it is very clear who has the right of way and you don't have to worry about mistakes made by other drivers. They're only complicated because you have to track the movement of other road users accurately but this is something that machines should excel at.
Yeah unlike us FSD should be able to monitor both directions simultaneously and with equal data analyses. So whether one car is coming from one direction or many cars from both directions FSD should be able to "know" all of this and calculate when the correct time to pull out is.

Just to pad my post count 🥴and make my 2¢ worth (actually worthless or even LESS) predictions. We will see by or before Tuesday morning:

• 24.14.7/12.3.9 bug update
  • 24.9.x/12.4 employee evidence
To add to your prediction, @gottagofast will be the 1st on this thread to get V12.4
based on that blunt you passed me.

• Funny
Reactions: DrGriz and JulienW
Yeah unlike us FSD should be able to monitor both directions simultaneously and with equal data analyses. So whether one car is coming from one direction or many cars from both directions FSD should be able to "know" all of this and calculate when the correct time to pull out is.
Does v12 work this way? Before E2E I might expect FSD to make explicit trajectory calculations, but does v12 work this way?

Also, regarding the processing of multiple camera feeds at the same. If the training is taken from human driving examples, and humans cannot see in all directions simultaneously, does the behavior demonstrated in the driving footage reflect knowledge of all cameras at all times? Simulated driving footage can compensate for this, but what portion of the training data comes from synthetic footage?

• Informative
Reactions: old pilot
I'll ask the obvious question - how did FSD figure out that there was enough room in the island to hang out and wait for the RHS to clear? Can it figure out if there is just a narrow break in the median? What if there is a left turn left added for the drivers coming from the right when they wish to make a LHT? It seems like there are a lot of variations on this turn that FSD may or may not figure out.

I'll ask the obvious question - how did FSD figure out that there was enough room in the island to hang out and wait for the RHS to clear? Can it figure out if there is just a narrow break in the median? What if there is a left turn left added for the drivers coming from the right when they wish to make a LHT? It seems like there are a lot of variations on this turn that FSD may or may not figure out.
They've been training FSD on this turn for years. Chuck claims to have met the engineer who created the simulation of it.
Not sure how left turns by drivers coming from the right changes things. Those drivers have the right of the way.

Paging @JulienW ... i just looked at teslafi and there is 1 car that went from 2024.14.6 down to 2024.3.25 .. I have never seen this before. Have you or anyone else?
Haven't seen it. Interesting to me they are the same version 12.3.6. I have 2024.14.6 on my older MX and 2024.3.25 on the newer MY and they both show version 12.3.6. I forget what the reason is for the two threads. Someone with a sharper mind than me knows :)

Last edited:
Haven't seen it. Interesting to me they are the same version 12.3.6. I have 2024.14.6 on my older MX and 2024.3.25 on the newer MY and they both show version 12.3.6. I forget what the reason is for the two threads. Someone with a sharper mind than mind knows :)
Yep, same here. One has been on the latest firmware for a while, it's not very common for the lastest to also get the most up to date FSD
The other is on the older firmware but has had FSD 12 for longer