Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.14.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received this night and installed this morning.
I want to know from where is coming the truck and more specifically who the f@ck is this one?
On the map I can see only a few supercharger (around me - 3, I'm near Liverpool), but on the app... all Europe. Even with destination only that one where is supposed to stop.
Speed camera setting not available... maybe because no premium connectivity.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240515_053643_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20240515_053643_Maps.jpg
    597.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240515_061751.jpg
    20240515_061751.jpg
    478.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240515_061820.jpg
    20240515_061820.jpg
    416.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240515_061918.jpg
    20240515_061918.jpg
    377.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240515_061612.jpg
    20240515_061612.jpg
    438.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240515_061555.jpg
    20240515_061555.jpg
    399.3 KB · Views: 8
Received this night and installed this morning.
I want to know from where is coming the truck and more specifically who the f@ck is this one?
On the map I can see only a few supercharger (around me - 3, I'm near Liverpool), but on the app... all Europe. Even with destination only that one where is supposed to stop.
Speed camera setting not available... maybe because no premium connectivity.
Maybe if you’ve not moved yet since installing it hasn’t got a good view of the car next to you so has decided it’s a truck. It’s not going to get it right all the time I guess but it looks like a nice visualisation improvement than we had before.

Be nice to see what people with FSD see as from reading I’ve seen it suggest it shows even more detail but don’t know if that’s US only though.

Maybe if you’ve not moved yet since installing it hasn’t got a good view of the car next to you so has decided it’s a truck. It’s not going to get it right all the time I guess but it looks like a nice visualisation improvement than we had before.

Be nice to see what people with FSD see as from reading I’ve seen it suggest it shows even more detail but don’t know if that’s US only though.
It shows more cars, pedestrians etc. Also brake lights now show on the vehicles, as do indicators although the indicators seem also to appear occasionally when they are not on, so not very accurate!

You are not the only one. Apologists will tell you it's because of X, Y and Z, but the reality is that Tesla really has their priorities wrong.
Do they? I think the new shiny car UI is there to look good in show rooms and help sales, that's absolutely an important priority for Tesla when sales are slipping. It's important in China where there's a lot of other software driven cars and their software is improving really quickly.

Reactions: Durzel
Got it on my Intel Atom Model 3 today. Apart from the new UI all the advertised features seem to be there.

Shame Audible doesn’t work in the UK though (the login QR code redirects you to Amazon.com instead of Amazon.co.uk). Unless anyone knows another way to sign in?

Got it on my Intel Atom Model 3 today. Apart from the new UI all the advertised features seem to be there.

Shame Audible doesn’t work in the UK though (the login QR code redirects you to Amazon.com instead of Amazon.co.uk). Unless anyone knows another way to sign in?
audible in my Tesla works for me fine in the UK. I used the displayed QR code and it worked. although IIRC it took two attempts... I suggest you try again.

Do they? I think the new shiny car UI is there to look good in show rooms and help sales, that's absolutely an important priority for Tesla when sales are slipping. It's important in China where there's a lot of other software driven cars and their software is improving really quickly.
It's expecting too much but I wish they'd just say that it was planned obsolescence. It's not unusual in the tech industry, and no one ever actually admits it, so I know it's expecting too much of Tesla to say "you're not getting the V12 flashiness because we want to encourage new sales".

I will quite happily grouse about the fact that Tesla leans heavily into the "your car gets better over time", more than other manufacturers do - of anything I think, e.g. Apple don't really tell you when you buy an iPhone that one day you might get some fancy new software, you get what you get when you buy it and that's it. Apple prevent you from installing perfectly functional later OS on their older stuff too, but at least these can be hacked on - I've got a work iMac that is "only" 7 years old running the latest OS software, when Apple will only let it run software 2 major versions back. Hacking the "real V12" onto an Atom car is basically an impossibility.

It is ultimately just cognitive dissonance from my end though because I also recognise that giving existing customers everything forever, forestalling when they might otherwise give you more money, is hardly a great model for profit and growth. Doesn't stop me being annoyed that my car has started to be left behind, when it plays a bunch of games that are far more taxing than the new UI appears to be just fine.

Bah humbug etc. :)

Just wondering if there’s a pattern to the roll out.

Yep. Some (often the same) Guinea Pigs just yet early versions then when things stabilise it gets rolled out to more and more, irrespective of standard/advanced setting. It’s often that the early Guinea pigs actually get the final version a fraction later than main rollout.

Then Tesla spin the dice again and often push out one more version.

Many of the guinea pigs have historically been early. I was once until I got bitten by a torrent of short lived version updates so moved to standard (didn’t make any difference) then ultimately stopped taking updates until it was shown to be stable.

Always some rumours that those with FSD got early access but I don’t think that’s a thing in UK, at least not now. It’s probably more down to spec of individual car and what bits they are interested on trialing. Cars often get delivered with some new features not in main release but lag behind in others. They ultimately converge. Other than that it seems to be just a lottery.

Some, like myself prefer to take a release less often so skip updates until word on street has revealed whether it’s a good or bad release. You get to know when main rollout has occurred. Then wait a few days for final update. I got tired of seemingly constant updates, not all positive.

For those already seeing this update on their cars, can you advise what your car updated from, eg 2024.8.9 ? Just wondering if there’s a pattern to the roll out. (Also exercising my superpower alter ego ‘Impatience Man’)
Our 2019 M3P was on 2024.8.9 and got the 2024.15.6 update last night (car has FSD). Our 2022 MYLR is currently on 2024.8.9 and not yet offered the update (car has EAP).

For those already seeing this update on their cars, can you advise what your car updated from, eg 2024.8.9 ? Just wondering if there’s a pattern to the roll out. (Also exercising my superpower alter ego ‘Impatience Man’)
Have a look at these sites for more data than you can dream of. Pretty every conceivable statistic about a rollout is available from these 3 sites.

Data we are not short of. How useful it is debatable, cool none the less

1000000614.png

1000000613.png

1000000615.png

Attachments

• 1000000615.png
    1000000615.png
    358.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 1000000614.png
    1000000614.png
    121.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 1000000613.png
    1000000613.png
    418.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Reactions: andyorkney
It's expecting too much but I wish they'd just say that it was planned obsolescence. It's not unusual in the tech industry, and no one ever actually admits it, so I know it's expecting too much of Tesla to say "you're not getting the V12 flashiness because we want to encourage new sales".

I will quite happily grouse about the fact that Tesla leans heavily into the "your car gets better over time", more than other manufacturers do - of anything I think, e.g. Apple don't really tell you when you buy an iPhone that one day you might get some fancy new software, you get what you get when you buy it and that's it. Apple prevent you from installing perfectly functional later OS on their older stuff too, but at least these can be hacked on - I've got a work iMac that is "only" 7 years old running the latest OS software, when Apple will only let it run software 2 major versions back. Hacking the "real V12" onto an Atom car is basically an impossibility.

It is ultimately just cognitive dissonance from my end though because I also recognise that giving existing customers everything forever, forestalling when they might otherwise give you more money, is hardly a great model for profit and growth. Doesn't stop me being annoyed that my car has started to be left behind, when it plays a bunch of games that are far more taxing than the new UI appears to be just fine.

Bah humbug etc. :)
Our 2019 M3 has benefitted from quite a large number of new things not present in 2019. If it won't get a mostly pointless additional display feature I don't feel aggrieved. In the latest update all the additions that to me are worthwhile appear to be there. I get your point and don't disagree that in time the older cars will start to be left behind, but I don't think we're there yet.

So you did get the speed camera alerts and average speed zone support?

I’m not seeing them on my Model S with MCU2 / Intel Atom ☹️

Currently downloading 2024.14.6 on my 2021 Atom Model 3 but it's taking forever, seeming because my car is not sat on top of my Wifi router so has a poor signal. I'm currently on 2024.8.9 and have EAP.