Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.14.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Christ almighty, what's with everyone needing to look at a fecking regen bar?
It's useful to know if my car's regen is limited or not. I want a bit more information than the little green icon that shows up.

Less of an issue in the Summer, admittedly, but still something I find useful and it's annoying that something I find useful is being made more difficult to use.

I'm glad you don't care, very happy for you, but some of us don't like seeing functionality regressions of this nature. It's one of those paper cuts that wasn't needed and is just baffling when just testing it for a day would show that it needs to be re-thought and yet it was pushed out anyway.

The screen is not unlike when my car was new in 2020.
Lots of other vehicles showing up again and a decent sized speedo.
Regen bar is fine in the dark but a bit lost in daylight. Doesn’t bother me to be honest.
AP runs a bit close to the kerb in this version, but I swear it’s slowing down on bends once more.

Reactions: KennethS
It's useful to know if my car's regen is limited or not. I want a bit more information than the little green icon that shows up.

Less of an issue in the Summer, admittedly, but still something I find useful and it's annoying that something I find useful is being made more difficult to use.

I'm glad you don't care, very happy for you, but some of us don't like seeing functionality regressions of this nature. It's one of those paper cuts that wasn't needed and is just baffling when just testing it for a day would show that it needs to be re-thought and yet it was pushed out anyway.
It was other icons on screen which showed limited regen

Nut in reality, is it really THAT important feature?

I drive and react to car according situation on the road and not on regen bat :/

Nut in reality, is it really THAT important feature?
It's not critical and I'm not saying it is. Neither is the FSD visualisation but people seem to like it.

Having the dots showing how much the regen is limited is a useful thing. Especially as it may change as you are driving on a long straight road (such as they exist in the UK) and you've not needed to use regen for a while. Being able to glance at the screen and figure out how the car will react to the upcoming roundabout is a useful thing.

I'm not saying it's like power steering, abs, airbags, seat belts. I'm just saying I liked how it was, and dislike what it's turned into, now that my hand will mostly be blocking it.

This isn't a difficult concept; thing which people likes is now a bit more difficult to use. people are unhappy with the regression.

The screen is not unlike when my car was new in 2020.
Lots of other vehicles showing up again and a decent sized speedo.
Regen bar is fine in the dark but a bit lost in daylight. Doesn’t bother me to be honest.
AP runs a bit close to the kerb in this version, but I swear it’s slowing down on bends once more.
I’ve now had a couple of drives on my 60 mph B road test track. The car does now slow a bit near junctions that happen to be on bends but not the tight bend closest to home. When new in 2020, it slowed for all the bends on AP.

Speedo size is excellent again at long last. Why they ever messed with it God knows! Visualisations are as complete as the were in 2020 but improved
Brake lights and flashers on other vehicles also showing. The darkened car in front remains visualised for a much greater distance.

The wipers going to the wheel control when activated is a move in the right direction. I like that.

AP is certainly too close to the kerb for my liking. It’s as though my wife is driving 😂

May just be a one off but the visualisation of traffic lights today seemed more stable. They weren’t jumping about.

No speed cameras hereabouts to check out but we’ll be going to the Peak District in June. Bound to find some then.

All in all, not a bad release.

that makes sense, was wondering why the heck i did not get the update
I and others have received the update and do not have FSD. Don't believe the first guess that someone posts! The great majority of cars still haven't received the update ... you're in that majority. There is rarely a discernable pattern to software roll outs so people search for reason ... and then just pick one.

I and others have received the update and do not have FSD. Don't believe the first guess that someone posts! The great majority of cars still haven't received the update ... you're in that majority. There is rarely a discernable pattern to software roll outs so people search for reason ... and then just pick one.
ya, you're probably right, it's just like one of those things. the more you wait .. the more the delay.. just dont care about it and it will come to you eventually

I'm not sure where you are getting this info from as TeslaFi doesn't report the type of AP/EAP/FSD of the vehicle in the stats afaik....
IMG_3546.jpeg

I suspect that "No FSD" filter in TeslaFi means cars that are not capable of FSD, not that it is not purchased/enabled. Otherwise there would be many many more in the list. I've had .3 and .6, which would show up there if it included cars that just hadn't bought FSD (I have a TeslaFi sub).

I suspect that "No FSD" filter in TeslaFi means cars that are not capable of FSD, not that it is not purchased/enabled. Otherwise there would be many many more in the list. I've had .3 and .6, which would show up there if it included cars that just hadn't bought FSD (I have a TeslaFi sub).
The figures on Teslafi are only for subscribed vehicles which I would guess is a small proportion of the total.