Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

£30m investment by Welsh Govt for EV infrastructure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
200 EV charge points at park and ride being considered in Cardiff

21/00300/MJR | REQUEST FOR OBSERVATIONS ON A DEVELOPMENT OF NATIONAL SIGNIFICANCE PARC DUFFRYN SOLAR FARM - SOLAR PARK (65MW), BATTERY STORAGE, TRANSPORT INTERHANGE FACILITY INCLUDING ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING STATION AND ANCILLARY DEVELOPMENT | LAND AT VIANSHILL FARM, THE DOWNS, ST NICHOLAS, VALE OF GLAMORGAN, CF5 6SB

866D19C3-B5A1-4F19-9F2B-D814AE338B85.png

Reactions: Irata
Depending which part of Cardiff you want it's 5/6 miles from the parking. So likely another 1.2 hr plus after waiting for park and ride bus etc and lugging shopping back won't make it popular. I'd have made a whole heap more sense to me to have run a wire from the solar arm into town and wired up a multistorey car-park?
Not that i can ever see myself going down to cardiff from my bit of wales. And since it's park and ride you can bet they'll be slow chargers to get that many in. Still I'm sure someone will make a few squid out of it and hail it a success whenever a match is on and it gets used.