Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

0-100-0 WOW!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Rachmaninov

Supporting Member
Jul 17, 2019
NJ
Most people would consider the 427 Cobra to be an unbelievable sports car and they’d be right. One thing it was famous for was it’s 0-100-0 time of 14.5 seconds.

BUT the standard 2019 Tesla 3 Dual Motor Long Range car does 0-100-0 in 14.0 seconds, on factory all season tires.

Most people would consider the 427 Cobra to be an unbelievable sports car and they’d be right. One thing it was famous for was it’s 0-100-0 time of 14.5 seconds.

BUT the standard 2019 Tesla 3 Dual Motor Long Range car does 0-100-0 in 14.0 seconds, on factory all season tires.

That's impossible I'm afraid. My understanding is the base model 3 gets to a hundred miles an hour somewhere around 13 seconds. But for it to slow to 0 from that speed in 1 second would require a deceleration rate of roughly five G's which is faster than a Formula 1 car can brake by a factor of 2.

That's impossible I'm afraid. My understanding is the base model 3 gets to a hundred miles an hour or somewhere around 13 seconds. But for it to slow to 0 from that speed in 1 second would require a deceleration rate of roughly five G's which is faster than a Formula 1 car can brake by a factor of 2.

Sorry but your understanding appears to be wrong.

And yes I agree those numbers are shocking!
The info was taken from the latest Motor Trend magazine article comparing the BMW, Genesis, and Tesla.
It was actually titled SHOCK win.

7B870E0C-049F-4D55-9D69-07BE58B67098.png

Sorry but your understanding appears to be wrong.

And yes I agree those numbers are shocking!
The info was taken from the latest Motor Trend magazine article comparing the BMW, Genesis, and Tesla.
It was actually titled SHOCK win.

View attachment 433875

Sorry when you talk about long-range I thought you were talking about rear-wheel-drive. I missed the dual motor. It's certainly possible that it could do it somewhere around 14 seconds

I’m new to the Tesla scene and this forum (my Tesla “stealth” is scheduled for delivery next week) and am not yet familiar with model nomenclature.

You are right about the braking issue though. If you compare the 0-100-0 and 0-100 times you’ll see that the Tesla took 4.5 seconds to stop while the BMW and Genesis took 4.0 seconds.

I’m new to the Tesla scene and this forum (my Tesla “stealth” is scheduled for delivery next week) and am not yet familiar with model nomenclature.

You are right about the braking issue though. If you compare the 0-100-0 and 0-100 times you’ll see that the Tesla took 4.5 seconds to stop while the BMW and Genesis took 4.0 seconds.

And that's probably mostly differences in tires rather than brakes. And that's still about 1 G deceleration