Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1,181,268 Miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
quick back of the napkin: a Prius getting 43mpg @ $5.00 gallon, doing 1.18M miles = -$209k in gas cost. probably need at least one complete drivetraain replacement, let's say that's -$6k. approx -$215k in operating costs for a very efficient, low to no maintenance ICE hybrid.

if that dude driving a Model S did 1.1M miles all on FUSC, that's approx $140,000 in free electricity (at my PGE EV Time of Use rate of $0.35/kwh).

- if each battery replacement was approx -$20k (Tesla prices), that's -$60k in battery replacements. (generally people replace entire ICE cars at intervals <300k miles, for more than $20k for each car).

- not sure how much a Large Drive Unit costs, but let's say $5k each. that's -$65k for 13 x DUs.

so, +$140k in free electricity / charging. and -$125k in component replacements. For a net of + $15k for this guy. I'd say that's winning.

plus he has a Roadster.

quick back of the napkin: a Prius getting 43mpg @ $5.00 gallon, doing 1.18M miles = -$209k in gas cost. probably need at least one complete drivetraain replacement, let's say that's -$6k. approx -$215k in operating costs for a very efficient, low to no maintenance ICE hybrid.

if that dude driving a Model S did 1.1M miles all on FUSC, that's approx $140,000 in free electricity (at my PGE EV Time of Use rate of $0.35/kwh).

- if each battery replacement was approx -$20k (Tesla prices), that's -$60k in battery replacements. (generally people replace entire ICE cars at intervals <300k miles, for more than $20k for each car).

- not sure how much a Large Drive Unit costs, but let's say $5k each. that's -$65k for 13 x DUs.

so, +$140k in free electricity / charging. and -$125k in component replacements. For a net of + $15k for this guy. I'd say that's winning.

plus he has a Roadster.
Plus he's not driving a Prius.

• Funny
Reactions: PR0FESSOR

plus he has a Roadster.
He may not have paid for any batteries with the 8 year unlimited mileage warranty and likely only paid for 1 or 2 du replacements.