Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got it and all reporting stopped, all directions show 0, both in the app and ui, and the status reports standby. What gives?? Nothing like that happened before. TOU shift schedule apparently stopped working.

I got it and all reporting stopped, all directions show 0, both in the app and ui, and the status reports standby. What gives?? Nothing like that happened before. TOU shift schedule apparently stopped working.
Call Powerwall support. Something is wrong with your system. My app was briefly missing the firmware version at the bottom of the screen this morning, but everything is working normally now.

seems like a glitch. flipping
Call Powerwall support. Something is wrong with your system. My app was briefly missing the firmware version at the bottom of the screen this morning, but everything is working normally now.

ok this morning flipping the "subpanel" switch which apparently also reboots the gateway, made the power readings run again and eventually (but not immediately) took it out of standby. Rebooting individual batteries on the other hand did not have any effect. Ok so i lost a night's charge and apparently got hit with that 45c/kwh peak for yesterday...

We had a couple of outages during the storm that forced the gateway to go in backup (good... so it works) but no ill consequences (aside from dropped powerline networks again). So this is not related to power glitches for sure.

First time a firmware flash apparently caused such a hung up... it is lucky i caught it at all as soon as i did, i practically don't watch the wall side of the the app these days any more.

Small detail - it's Winter, so your peak is probably only 32c/kWh. So, even less of a hit.

On a side note, one guy in one of the Tesla Energy FB groups was complaining that he didn't notice his Powerwall system was apparently stuck like this for a couple months and Tesla didn't do anything and he wasn't paying attention. He made a huge stink that it was InOp for so long and Tesla wasn't answering e-mails. Yet, he would not pick up the phone and instead was spending his time warning people on FB how bad Tesla support was. Anyway, long winded way of saying everybody should check in on their system periodically to make sure it's doing what you expect.

Reactions: Shygar
agree. Although, it worked flawlessly for so long, it kind of trains you out of checking on it, it's hard to exercise due diligence..

Still, i would love to have an option to control when and if updates are flashed. Ask me first. And if it isn't broken, don't touch it. (same as with the darn car, the qa/deployment cycle is too short between the updates imo, but at least one can prevent the car from updating)

Last edited:
Mine updated today I think. I heard a lot of noise coming from the garage and it was running its cooling fan at full tilt for no reason. The garage temp was in the low 60's and it wasn't discharging or charging. Since it had no real reason to be on, I checked the app and noticed that it had updated to 1.31.

Is this new? Charging from the grid during storm watch

Screenshot_20190115-142053_Tesla.jpg

I'm seeing reduced use of battery power during the off-peak period when in cost saving mode since 1.31 arrived.

However, there's no sign of any intelligence appearing regarding the amount of off-peak charging. Whoever designed the logic must live somewhere where the weather is consistent one day to the next. They need to visit Britain!