Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1-7 Car Length Distance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Snax

InstantKarma
Jul 8, 2022
VA
Did the most recent software update remove or relocate the car-length distance selector {1-7} on my autopilot stalk? It is now not displaying the ability to numerically adjust the inner of car length spacing... 2017 S with FSD. Thanks.

Reactions: alyssaandertsl
Without further checking with the new 11.X FSD update on my car, the distance control is disabled when FSD is enabled, and now maybe autopilot since the code is now merged. Mine still worked when FSD is not enabled. I'll check with the new code.

Autosteer brings back numbers in small IC.
FSDb removes them and changes them to large screen with words like assertive, average etc. Also ability to minimize lane changes.
I like the new ability to minimize lane changes, as my car was constantly moving into the left lane on rural 4 lane highways with no traffic anywhere. This is against the law in my state, and it is stupid for Teslas to automatically "cruise" down the left lane, blocking it. Unfortunately, the option must be reset at the beginning of each drive. I want it to confirm every lane change until it can make better decisions.

I'm wondering if they are ever going to enable the right scroll wheel to control this on the refresh models... Right now left/right on my right scroll wheel has absolutely no function. Why can't we control follow distance / FSDb profiles with the wheel like everyone else? Why can't we have nice things???

• Love
Reactions: TLLMRRJ and Snax
I'm wondering if they are ever going to enable the right scroll wheel to control this on the refresh models... Right now left/right on my right scroll wheel has absolutely no function. Why can't we control follow distance / FSDb profiles with the wheel like everyone else? Why can't we have nice things???

On the 3 and Y, I am frequently adjusting the following distance with the scroll wheel for the changing road types, speeds, and traffic levels. I have no idea how they could leave the Model S/W in the cold on this one. Maybe we needed to spend twice as much a 3 or Y to get that same functionality....oh wait!

Last edited:
Reactions: StevenSD
On the 3 and Y, I am frequently adjusting the following distance with the scroll wheel for the changing road types, speeds, and traffic levels. I have no idea how they could leave the Model S/W in the cold on this one. Maybe we needed to spend twice as much a 3 or Y to get that same functionality....oh wait!
I know right! It's just a massive oversight, especially since that scroll wheel currently has no function. It'd be different if they decided to give it a different function, but it literally does nothing right now!