Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD removed from car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope Im posting in the correct spot.

I purchased FSD (2020). I updated my car a few weeks ago and noticed that my FSD has been removed and applied with new demands stating that I have to allow Tesla to monitor my car in order to use it. 3 years ago I would have agreed to it without hesitation but after dealing with Tesla and seeing the lengths they will go to hide/alter/withhold information I have a hard time allowing them more access to my car.

Is it legal to purchase FSD under agreed terms and conditions then have tesla change the terms then down grading my ability to Autopilot?

Nothing has changed. 3 Years ago when you bought it, Tesla was still monitoring everything. The only difference now is that they have to tell you that they are monitoring. Its like installing software you purchased, where you have to click "OK" or "I Agree", and if you dont, you cant install the software.

You are not giving them any more access than they already had.

Reactions: Yelobird
Would it be more like I buy software and click agree then 2 years later they tell me if I dont agree to allow them to monitor my computer usage along with video monitoring they will remove the software from my cpu preventing me from using what was already paid for?

I updated my car a few weeks ago and noticed that my FSD has been removed and applied with new demands stating that I have to allow Tesla to monitor my car in order to use it.
More likely this is temporary, and Tesla requires it for granting access to FSD beta. Once it comes out of beta and is turned on by default it likely won't require the extra data sharing. (Essentially it is the cost for getting early access to the feature.)

Nothing has changed. 3 Years ago when you bought it, Tesla was still monitoring everything. The only difference now is that they have to tell you that they are monitoring. Its like installing software you purchased, where you have to click "OK" or "I Agree", and if you dont, you cant install the software.
I agree. I think years ago you had to agree to data sharing to enable FSDb, but they recently modified the terms slightly, and are making people re-agree.

Would it be more like I buy software and click agree then 2 years later they tell me if I dont agree to allow them to monitor my computer usage along with video monitoring they will remove the software from my cpu preventing me from using what was already paid for?
How many other software installs (Windows, Apple etc) allow you to continue if you don’t accept their terms? None that I am aware of. Unless your strangling people in your car at night I don’t see why this matters.

• Funny
Reactions: pilotSteve
How many other software installs (Windows, Apple etc) allow you to continue if you don’t accept their terms? None that I am aware of. Unless your strangling people in your car at night I don’t see why this matters.
Windows definitely requires it, as do most all program installs (quicken, TurboTax, office, etc.). The difference here is that you are "uninstalling" it and then you need to sign the legalise when you reinstall it.

Windows definitely requires it, as do most all program installs (quicken, TurboTax, office, etc.). The difference here is that you are "uninstalling" it and then you need to sign the legalise when you reinstall it.
Not exactly. The newest software is the same on my FSD ride as it is on my non FSD. If you own it and agree to the terms of Beta use the buttons are no longer greyed out and you just hit yes. Nothing is taken away.

When you hit Yes to enable FSD, it will show the legal terms and conditions for you to accept each time the Yes is pressed to enable FSD after disabling it on the console. This could be a FSD Beta thing, but I thought everyone now had FSD Beta that paid for it.

When I purchased the FSD (2020) i agreed to the terms and conditions at that time. I did not "unsubscribe" or remove anything. FSD was there on one day then the next update its gone. Tesla removed my ability for FSD unless I agree to new terms that feel intrusive at the very least. I could be speaking to my children about private issues or singing along with a song. What I do in my car is completely irrelevant

Would you allow Samsung to turn a camera on that was installed in the TV so they can monitor you what you are doing while you watch TV? Oh forgot to add they do this after you owned the TV for 3 years. Then say you can not control the volume unless you allow Samsung to record you when the TV is on.

When I purchased the FSD (2020) i agreed to the terms and conditions at that time. I did not "unsubscribe" or remove anything. FSD was there on one day then the next update its gone. Tesla removed my ability for FSD unless I agree to new terms that feel intrusive at the very least. I could be speaking to my children about private issues or singing along with a song. What I do in my car is completely irrelevant
I'm pretty sure the original terms you agreed to allowed them to capture the interior camera as well...

Would you allow Samsung to turn a camera on that was installed in the TV so they can monitor you what you are doing while you watch TV? Oh forgot to add they do this after you owned the TV for 3 years. Then say you can not control the volume unless you allow Samsung to record you when the TV is on.
Depends. Could your Samsung TV Kill you and others around you if you failed to use the remote correctly? Don’t agree with the terms, don’t use it easy enough.

I'm pretty sure the original terms you agreed to allowed them to capture the interior camera as well...

Lucky for me it was not. I do not have a camera located in my rear view mirror. Tesla installed those a year or two later after they were hit with multiple law suites.

With that being said how was my FSD removed from my car?

Lucky for me it was not. I do not have a camera located in my rear view mirror.
Then I'm not sure what your problem is. I know for a fact turning FSD on has always required you to allow them to capture the external cameras. And I don't recall the microphone being included in anything they capture, other than when you click the scroll wheel to send an audio note for why you disengaged.

With that being said how was my FSD removed from my car?
It wasn't removed. FSD Beta was deactivated until you agree to the current terms of the FSD Beta program. (I think this was done for everybody with the latest update that you agreed to have installed by pressing the button.)

You still have access to all of the normal FSD features.

Reactions: Yelobird and ucmndd