Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

125VDC Powerpack

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I work in the power generation industry and we have large lead acid batteries 1680Ah (8 hrs 77F), 60 of them in series. Typical setup where the charger voltage is just high enough not to overcharge the battery string and the DC load is actually running of the charger. When the AC power is lost, the charger stops working and the batteries continue to provide power without any interruption, just a little voltage drop. Our battery room is too small for two redundant banks and we plan to build a battery room outside in close proximity of the old room. When I saw the prices for the outdoor building I could not think that a modified Powerpack will cost less. I do not believe we would accept a Dc to DC converter, the voltage on the battery will have to be 125V. I contacted Tesla twice on their web-site but I got no reply. Does anybody know of an installation like this, a way to contact a Tesla engineer or a even another manufacturer that provides something like this. I am looking for about 8 hrs storage so li-ion is the preferred method when considering long term maintenance, space, cost ....
Thank you.

Powerpacks are engineered as a system. You either take it as it is or look elsewhere.

I suspect that you could use large format LiFePO4 batteries to build a battery bank that is compatible with your current setup. The main challenge would be a BMS and balancing that large of a bank. I would think that other suppliers like BYD may be able to provide something for you.

Reactions: Patrick66