Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

18” Aeros to 20” 2020 Performance rims on 2021 M3LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The range his is almost an entirely a function of what model of tire you put on the car. If you currently have the same tires as a Long Range and put on the same tires the Performance come with, you would see about a 10% range reduction. If you currently have the aero wheel covers, then you may take an additional 4% hit. If you can find some 20" eco tires, you may not get any range reduction at all.

Hi,

I did exactly this to my 2021 M3LR with acceleration boost and now run both setups. 20inch performance wheels with PS4S from April through October and the standard 18s with no aero covers and PS4 during the colder months. From the data I have so far you’re looking at a range hit of 10-15% at 70mph.

I didn’t like the grey finish of the standard Aeros without the covers on so I powder coated both these and the 20inch wheels gloss black and run them both with a black centre cap and lug nut covers. I felt these suited a white M3 with the black out trim much better. I also painted my calipers blue to finish the look.