Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

18" BBS MR in SR+ Model 3 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello guys, Im trying to fit a 18" BBS MR wheels on my model 3 SR+ and are having trouble finding the right lug nuts. The BBS MR rims are from Evo X with M12x1.5 lug and the problem is that it sits flat (mag style lug nuts). The model 3 is M14x1.5 and the stock lug nuts are conical. I found M14 mag style lug nuts online but it is too wide to fit between the stud and the rim, hole size of (18.88mm). I know I've seen BBS on Tesla's before, how do you guys over come this?
1) have the rim holes professionally bore a little bigger to fit the m14 mag style?
2) use a flat seated m14 lug nuts and forget the mag style (having trouble finding these specifically for lugnuts)
3) just use conical or radial seated nuts? (I noticed previous owner of these rims used them on his car because I can see a little indent on the rim wall from the conical lug nuts trying to sit inside.

I really want to make this work so moving to a different rim is not an option yet. And I have hub bearings so the wheel sits perfectly center on the hub.

Thank you in advance, I am hoping that it is #2 and all I need is to find a flat seated m14x1.5 lug nut set.

Hello guys, Im trying to fit a 18" BBS MR wheels on my model 3 SR+ and are having trouble finding the right lug nuts. The BBS MR rims are from Evo X with M12x1.5 lug and the problem is that it sits flat (mag style lug nuts). The model 3 is M14x1.5 and the stock lug nuts are conical. I found M14 mag style lug nuts online but it is too wide to fit between the stud and the rim, hole size of (18.88mm). I know I've seen BBS on Tesla's before, how do you guys over come this?
1) have the rim holes professionally bore a little bigger to fit the m14 mag style?
2) use a flat seated m14 lug nuts and forget the mag style (having trouble finding these specifically for lugnuts)
3) just use conical or radial seated nuts? (I noticed previous owner of these rims used them on his car because I can see a little indent on the rim wall from the conical lug nuts trying to sit inside.

I really want to make this work so moving to a different rim is not an option yet. And I have hub bearings so the wheel sits perfectly center on the hub.

Thank you in advance, I am hoping that it is #2 and all I need is to find a flat seated m14x1.5 lug nut set.
Hey, have you figured it out? I’m thinking of getting a set as well for my Model 3.

Upvote 0
Hey, have you figured it out? I’m thinking of getting a set as well for my Model 3.
Yea First, I bought hub bearings so that the wheels sit perfectly with no gaps to the hub of the car. Second, I found flat seated lug nuts that is for Chevy trucks, only problem is it could only grab onto about four thread turns since the stud on the tesla is abit short. I was still able to torque it to 129 ft-lb was recommended. It worked for me all of winter (6 months). The BBS definitely compliment the car and the lugs looks as if it was made for it as well. I would recommend replacing the stud so that it's longer if youre doing it or have the rims bore to take on connical lugs if you want more option when it comes to lug asthetics.

Upvote 0
Yea First, I bought hub bearings so that the wheels sit perfectly with no gaps to the hub of the car. Second, I found flat seated lug nuts that is for Chevy trucks, only problem is it could only grab onto about four thread turns since the stud on the tesla is abit short. I was still able to torque it to 129 ft-lb was recommended. It worked for me all of winter (6 months). The BBS definitely compliment the car and the lugs looks as if it was made for it as well. I would recommend replacing the stud so that it's longer if youre doing it or have the rims bore to take on connical lugs if you want more option when it comes to lug asthetics.
Thank you for the response. Do you have any pictures of your car with the BBS on?

Upvote 0