Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

18" Wheel Fitment Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

Just took delivery of my '23 MYLR. Looking to downsize to 18" wheels with a meatier tire fitment. No plans to lower it.

Curious if this fitment will work. I've already confirmed with the shop that the wheels will fit the car. Just wondering if the tire combo will be okay. I've done some initial research and the only thing i'm concerned about if the additional .9" of outer sidewall poke is gonna potentially rub on the fender liner.

Specs for new setup:
18x9.5"+27
265/45/R18

Speedo will be slightly off but i'm not worried about that to be honest.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 11.02.17 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 11.02.17 AM.png
    861.7 KB · Views: 149
Hey all,

Just took delivery of my '23 MYLR. Looking to downsize to 18" wheels with a meatier tire fitment. No plans to lower it.

Curious if this fitment will work. I've already confirmed with the shop that the wheels will fit the car. Just wondering if the tire combo will be okay. I've done some initial research and the only thing i'm concerned about if the additional .9" of outer sidewall poke is gonna potentially rub on the fender liner.

Specs for new setup:
18x9.5"+27
265/45/R18

Speedo will be slightly off but i'm not worried about that to be honest.

Thank you!

That tire is quite a bit smaller diameter than stock. I wouldn't do it, personally. You would be better off with 265/50 or 255/50