Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19” sport turbine wheel colors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, when I look at the available wheels for a model 3 lr awd on the Tesla website, I only see 19” silver turbine or 18” aero.

why are there 19” model 3 black onyx wheels listed for sale on eBay as oem? Did the model 3 used to have different colored sport wheels?

Hi, when I look at the available wheels for a model 3 lr awd on the Tesla website, I only see 19” silver turbine or 18” aero.

why are there 19” model 3 black onyx wheels listed for sale on eBay as oem? Did the model 3 used to have different colored sport wheels?

Tesla OEM 19” Sport wheels have always been light silver. Darker OEM Sport wheels sold online are Plasti Dip, painted or powdercoated. Had mine re-done in hyper-black:

E89F9CD6-3370-4097-B40F-91A26A9FFCA0.jpeg

Reactions: ZachieD and UCF3
Is it common for a seller on eBay to plastidip or powder coat the silver rims after they’ve repaired curb rash? Would plastidip or powder coat help cover the imperfections after repairs?

Makes sense to me. The reason I did mine was the 2 passenger side wheels were curbed. They repaired the curbing and refinished.