Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19" rims on MYP with all-season Pirellis

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just switched the 21" Uberturbines for 19" turbines imported from TSportline. The tyres are the new Scorpion SF 2 from Pirelli - all season and designed for electric SUV. On paper the stats are better than CrossClimate 2 but I haven't see any side-by-side testing yet. They are snow rated and have the required XL rating.

First impressions are that the ride is markedly more comfortable and the kick off the line appears to be a little bit more aggressive. Not quite like my old M3P but certainly not far away. The rims are spin forged and a fair bit lighter which may help a little, but it could also be subjective.

The 21" OEMs are lovely but somewhat impractical. The 19s are similar in appearance, more rubber to resist potholes and actually don't look too bad either. That and the noticeabley comfier ride makes it a decent combo.

The TSportline shipping costs on their website look prohibitive but I spoke to them and got *a lot* of money off. They were ordered on Monday and arrived at my house at 7.45 on Friday with FedEx. Impressive stuff.

The image compression on my 'phone make it look like I curbed them already - I haven't (yet). The rim protection from the tyres is also much better than the 21s.

IMG20230217134618.jpg