Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 FF Carseats in 3rd Row

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doesn’t exactly answer your question but I fit 2 rear facing car seats in 2nd row (6 seat layout. And 1 forward facing car seat in 3rd row. I would have been able to fit a fourth car seat in the 3rd row, didn’t need to, so instead flipped down the unused seat in the 3rd row.

Reactions: WanderingM
Upvote 0
Do you still have space for strollers or luggage? Also, is it difficult to buckle up the child in the third row? Thank you so much for the reply!
Doesn’t exactly answer your question but I fit 2 rear facing car seats in 2nd row (6 seat layout. And 1 forward facing car seat in 3rd row. I would have been able to fit a fourth car seat in the 3rd row, didn’t need to, so instead flipped down the unused seat in the 3rd row.

Upvote 0
You're asking questions that aren't going to have one-size-fits-all answers. This likely comes from being anxious about the possibility of owning an X. Such anxiety can make you forget it is just another vehicle. The simplest options are to jump in feet first and plan to make it work or to find an X and do a test fit. Taking your current route a step further and asking someone else for dimensions isn't necessarily going to help if you get a different configuration than theirs or if they measure differently than you. That having been said, I'm going to try to answer your questions to help support these points.

Our forward facing car seats were rather large and would NOT fit in the 3rd row, but it seems incredibly unlikely that Tesla would install the LATCH system in the third row if there weren't car seats out there that would fit.

I'm not sure what car seats have to do with luggage or strollers. I have a family of 6, and the youngest just graduated from her car seat. Removing the car seats didn't change the amount of space available for luggage or strollers at all.

There is some space below the floor behind the third row, there is some space behind the third row seats when they are up, there is some space in the frunk, there is some space in the floor below car seats (and unoccupied seats) in the middle row, and there is space in any actually unoccupied seat. Some luggage and some strollers will fit in some of these spaces, some luggage and some strollers will not fit in some of these spaces, there are likely luggage and strollers that will fit in any of these spaces, and there are likely luggage and strollers that will fit in none of these spaces.

Upvote 0
Do you still have space for strollers or luggage? Also, is it difficult to buckle up the child in the third row? Thank you so much for the reply!
With the second seat in the third row flipped down there is space for a stroller, but depends on the stroller. Our 6 year old in the forward facing seat in 3rd row can buckle herself, because of the two rear facing seats in 2nd row, would be very hard to reach back and buckle her. Here is a photo. We rented an X on Turo to test car seat configurations. 7AE6590D-58DB-4E86-8F6F-C60E51B3C7AC.jpeg

Upvote 0

Our forward facing car seats were rather large and would NOT fit in the 3rd row, but it seems incredibly unlikely that Tesla would install the LATCH system in the third row if there weren't car seats out there that would fit.

Tesla stopped adding LATCH to the 3rd row in the X... At least they did for a brief period, not sure if they have added them again, but, I remember sometime in late 2019 or early 2020, that some Xs didn't have LATCH in the 3rd row, and the user manual reflected that. I think there was a discussion about it back then when someone else mentioned it on these forums...

• Informative
Reactions: mxnym
Upvote 0