Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MX 7 seats 2nd row not sliding forward to gain access to 3rd row

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey team, my MX 2nd row has stopped sliding forward when the shoulder button is pressed to allow access to the 3rd row. When I press it it clicks and allows the seat back to come forward, usually at this stage it would then allow the whole seat to slide however following that a second click is heard and the whole seat back folds flat.

1690046708291.png

This is happening on both sides. It only started after I had all of the seats flat to transport things in the back.

I can see a few that have had the same issue but has anyone managed to fix or have any ideas?

There are two levers on the side of seat to slide the seats forward and back. You have to lift the lever and push on the seat.
If after lifting the lever, the seat won't slide, its stuck, just a little bit. (Unless something got stuck underneath, check that)

Sit on the seat, reach down and raise lever, and butt kick it forward or back as you need it. That will make get it moving again.

There are two levers on the side of seat to slide the seats forward and back. You have to lift the lever and push on the seat.
If after lifting the lever, the seat won't slide, its stuck, just a little bit. (Unless something got stuck underneath, check that)

Sit on the seat, reach down and raise lever, and butt kick it forward or back as you need it. That will make get it moving again.
Yeah they work fine and I can manually slide the seat forward however this same movement doesn't happen when the shoulder button is pressed. The image above shows the action that should happen when the button is pressed however i'm only getting the back flip forward. The seat did work fine until I moved some things in the back.

Most likely you have something plugged into one of the seatbelt latches. For instance, a seatbelt or a dog tether. If not, it could be a loose connection or a bad sensor. You could check for loose harnesses by looking under the seat and trying to make sure any you find are firmly connected. You could also try the various reboots just in case it's a fluke software thing. The one I see most recommended lately is the wheel configuration reset. This is triggered by changing the wheel configuration; apparently it causes the most systems to cycle and thusly resolves the most problems. It probably doesn't hurt that you end up changing it twice in order to have it correct (meaning two of these full reset cycles).