Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3rd row seats down gap filler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When the 3rd row seats are down, there is a semi-triangular space between the edge of the now-down seats/cargo area, the second row seat backs, and the side walls. Is there any product available to fill it or cover it so nothing falls in there and the exposed white seat parts are protected? I've been searching, but don't even have the words to identify that space. Other spaces are easy like "trunk side storage", "under seat storage", center console, etc.

I keep the 3rd row down practically all of the time for daily use.

IMG_3248.jpeg
IMG_3247.jpeg
IMG_3246.jpeg
IMG_3245.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: wildguess
My 3rd row is always down. I never noticed it until you posted your picture, since my seats are black (the white makes the 3rd row seat bottoms stick out). I haven't had anything fall in this area, but I can see it being an issue. I do not know of a solution, so I'm sorry I am no help.

I also fold over my 3rd row seat belts (as you can see in the picture), it prevents the belts from getting in the way, and also from leaving the impression on the seats.

Here is a picture of mine (I was adding an aftermarket cargo cover that requires taping brackets inside my painter's tape area):
ij2WNcx.jpg

Reactions: nemodio
You have an aftermarket cargo cover in a 7 seater? Can you share which one and if you're happy with it? I've been looking but everything I have found is either super vague about compatibility or says not compatible. Would appreciate it.

You have an aftermarket cargo cover in a 7 seater? Can you share which one and if you're happy with it? I've been looking but everything I have found is either super vague about compatibility or says not compatible. Would appreciate it.

This is the cargo mats I have in my 7-seater. I am happy with it, it is rigid, I would say the only improvement I would want is a more rubberized texture. It is a bit slippery when wet, and cargo will slide around. For the price, and the completeness, I can’t complain.

I got 2 large non-skid rubber mats from Home Depot, cut them to size and have them on top of the rear cargo mat to prevent cargo from sliding around (my son’s stroller).

KIKIMO 9PCS Tesla Model Y Floor Mats 7 Seater 2020-2023, Tesla Model Y Accessories, All Weather Mats for Model Y, Waterproof Anti-Slip Cargo Trunk Mat Backrest Mats Custom Fit for Tesla (Not Fit 5) https://a.co/d/1nYoB55

Oh I'm good for mats. I thought you meant you installed a cargo cover, like a privacy cover for the trunk. Something like the 5 seaters get. Thanks for taking the time to reply though!

Oh sorry. Yes, I did install a retractable cargo cover. I do like it, but I don’t use it anymore. I now have 20% ceramic tint on all windows, so anyone walking by can’t see in, even with a flashlight. I also have windshield protection film on the outside of the triangle windows.

It is retractable, so it can’t be used as a shelf to store things on top.

It is no longer available by this seller, but in reality they are all the same. They say they do not work for 7 seater, that is because you can’t use them with the 3rd row up. They do work.

Kingna Cargo Cover Compatible with Tesla Model Y 2020 2021 2022 Rear Trunk Cover Retractable Security Black Shield Shade Cover for Tesla Model Y Accessories Amazon.com

Reactions: WheresMyKeys