Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I totaled my model Y and bought the exact same car and year again. I can’t find the USB that lives in the glove box. It seems like it doesn’t have one. Also on the software app in my phone it doesn’t have summon mode. Can anyone help? Thank you

You dont mention what year your vehicle is. I dont remember if the model Y launched with the usb in the glovebox (and USB C in the main console), as I was not following them when they launched, my wifes model Y is a 2022.

Just because you bought the same model year, its doesnt mean the car has the exact same features. Tesla changes hardware in cars during the year many times. If you dont see a USB in the glove compartment, and there isnt a USB stick already in the port there, then you might not have one there. That also might mean you have data ports in the console.

Summon mode only is available with FSD. If you had FSD on the old car but not on the new one, that would be why you dont see summon in the app. FSD does not move between cars, so just because you had it on the old one, it would require you to buy it again on the new one, and you will know whether you bought it on the new one or not.

Upvote 0
I totaled my model Y and bought the exact same car and year again. I can’t find the USB that lives in the glove box. It seems like it doesn’t have one. Also on the software app in my phone it doesn’t have summon mode. Can anyone help? Thank you
Earlier model Y's don't have the USB in the glove box, the data USB is in the center console.

You must not have Full Self Driving or Enhanced Autopilot. Auto Summon is part of either of those.

Upvote 0
You dont mention what year your vehicle is. I dont remember if the model Y launched with the usb in the glovebox (and USB C in the main console), as I was not following them when they launched, my wifes model Y is a 2022.

Just because you bought the same model year, its doesnt mean the car has the exact same features. Tesla changes hardware in cars during the year many times. If you dont see a USB in the glove compartment, and there isnt a USB stick already in the port there, then you might not have one there. That also might mean you have data ports in the console.

Summon mode only is available with FSD. If you had FSD on the old car but not on the new one, that would be why you dont see summon in the app. FSD does not move between cars, so just because you had it on the old one, it would require you to buy it again on the new one, and you will know whether you bought it on the new one or not.
Summon is also available with EAP (Enhanced Auto Pilot)

Upvote 0