Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode - No Dashcam footage found

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all. New owner/member here. Loving the new 2023 Model Y so far. One thing we've noticed... after enabling Sentry Mode, we'll park and come back an hour or two later and be alerted that there were XX events detected by Sentry Mode. When I click on the screen to view the video, it just says "No Dashcam footage found" and the "All" folder is selected at the top of the screen. I do see that the car came with the installed USB drive in the glove box. Does it come unformatted? Am I missing some step to "enable" it? Or do I need to get another USB device to plug into either the glove box (to replace the Tesla supplied one) or into the front console? I don't understand why there are never videos saved. I haven't removed the drive and checked it on a computer because it seems like I should be able to access them thru the interface it gives me when we return to the car and get the alerts. Any help would be greatly appreciated! The car is currently on software version 2023.20.9. Thanks!

Update: After digging thru the forums a little more, I saw the suggestion about reformatting the USB drive in the glove box. Even though it looked fine when I plugged it into the computer (already had the TeslaCam folder even), I went ahead and reformatted it and, voila, it works now!