Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Play music from Android phone's memory?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just took delivery of my first Tesla, Model Y LR. Can the Media Player search for and play music stored on a Samsung Android phone? I connected the phone via Bluetooth, but when I select the Bluetooth icon on the Media Player it goes to the Bluetooth add device screen, where it shows my phone is connected. In the mini-player, it shows the Bluetooth icon and "No device connected." The owner's manual says to select "Phone" on the Media Player; I don't see "Phone", just the Bluetooth icon. I was hoping it would be able to access the music on my phone's storage so I wouldn't have to mess with the multiple partition rigamarole on the one and only active USB port. (Doesn't make much sense to have 5 USB ports and only 1 active for data; even the 2016 Honda CRV that I traded in had 2 active ports.) Thanks.

Solution
The car can't directly access the music stored on your phone, but run any of your phone's music player apps and it will play the audio over Bluetooth. You'll see the titles and have pause and skip controls, but to actually navigate through your music collection by album/artist/whatever, you'll have to use the player app on your phone.
The car can't directly access the music stored on your phone, but run any of your phone's music player apps and it will play the audio over Bluetooth. You'll see the titles and have pause and skip controls, but to actually navigate through your music collection by album/artist/whatever, you'll have to use the player app on your phone.

Upvote 0
Solution