Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$20 for 12-21 OEM TESLA Model S Rear Bumper Reinforcement Rebar Carrier Impact Bar

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Need to clear my garage. This came off of my 2017 tesla model S 90D. I don’t need it after I installed a tow hitch. This is a metal reinforcement bumper that goes behind the plastic exterior bumper.

Attachments

• 6C7BA54F-B850-4CBB-8392-DF3BC8FB6CF8.jpeg
    6C7BA54F-B850-4CBB-8392-DF3BC8FB6CF8.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 111
Hi @PaulDoItAll , may I ask if you just decided to leave it out or did another installer? Any problems leaving it out? I ask as I have a Model X hitch that I want to put on my S, but it would interfere with this piece and either require a bunch of customization or need to be left off.

Is it safe to leave it off? The hitch is super beefy, but I didn't know if this piece serves a function i might not be aware of. Thanks!

I could not reinstall my impact bar because it will not fit over the hitch. I have a hitch where it is the same height as the bar and the hitch support person said my stainless steel hitch is way stronger than my old bar. The only issue I noticed is that my painted bumper flexes inwards if I lean too hard on the painted bumper. I don’t remember if my old bar had the same issue, but oh well.

I could not reinstall my impact bar because it will not fit over the hitch. I have a hitch where it is the same height as the bar and the hitch support person said my stainless steel hitch is way stronger than my old bar. The only issue I noticed is that my painted bumper flexes inwards if I lean too hard on the painted bumper. I don’t remember if my old bar had the same issue, but oh well.

Thanks for the feedback. Has it damaged the paint flexing in like that? That would be a concern for me.