Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

200 treadwear options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I don’t seem to be getting any feedback. A pity! I thought there would be more folks here who’ve experimented with different 200tw options.

Anyway, here’s my research

Tesla’s normal oem tires’ tread ratio (front tread width / rear tread width) is 88% for both 19” (pirelli) and 21” (Michelin) tires. The Goodyear zero G wheels ratio is 91%. That means Tesla has solved somewhat for the oem spec understeer.

Also the T spec tires on the 19 and 21 have the largest tread width of their peers, indicates a more square tire carcass compared to the N, MO1, etc wheels. Makes sense for a stiffer sidewall needed for the car’s weight.

So, with the above two data points in mind, the only 20” tire 200 tw option that comes close to the Goodyear zero G ratio and comparative wide tread width philosophy is the Advan Ad09 in 285/35 front, 305/30 rear. The Michelin cup2 (240) is just like the oem ratio of 88%

Now there is the issue of the rear tire/wheel combo being almost .75” shorter than the front (for the 285,305 set) which means a ride height adjust (of approx 5mm lowering front / 5mm raising rear) is needed after the wheels are installed to keep the front down.

Last edited: