Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2012/3 Model S P90 89k mi asking $36,900

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I've got a beauty of car-formerly-known-as-a-P85-but-now-a-Model S P90 for sale. Here are the vitals:
  • Carbon Fiber package
  • Technology package
  • Started life as P85 but recently upgraded by Tesla to a new P90 battery.
  • 21" Turbine wheels (some curb rash) with summer/performance tires, but also including a set of
  • 19" Axis Sport XR wheels with 245/45R-19 BRIDGESTONE BLIZZAK LM-32 XL winter tires
  • 72a dual charger
  • Approx 89,300 miles (car is driven 2-3 times a week so this ticks up slightly)

Normal wear and tear on the outside with a few paint dings and one scrape on the front right. The interior is absolutely MINT.

In the last two years, a significant portion of the car has been replaced under warranty including:
  • MCU replaced Dec 17
  • Battery replaced/upgraded from 85kWh to 90 kWh in Aug 18
  • Electric drive motor replaced in Aug 18
  • Brakes and rotors replaced in Aug 18
  • Front lower control arms replaced in Aug 18
  • Rear hubs/axle replaced in Oct 18
  • Steering rack replaced in October 2018
Powertrain and battery warranties good thru January 2021

Asking $36,900.
IMG_1803.jpg IMG_1808.jpg IMG_1809.jpg IMG_1811.jpg IMG_1813.jpg IMG_1885.jpg 20180829_164543.jpg 20190127_135254.jpg 20190202_163417.jpg

In the last two years, a significant portion of the car has been replaced under warranty including:
  • MCU replaced Dec 17
  • Battery replaced/upgraded from 85kWh to 90 kWh in Aug 18
  • Electric drive motor replaced in Aug 18
  • Brakes and rotors replaced in Aug 18
  • Front lower control arms replaced in Aug 18
  • Rear hubs/axle replaced in Oct 18
  • Steering rack replaced in October 2018
Why did so many things need to be replaced? What necessitated the battery pack replacement?

Why did so many things need to be replaced? What necessitated the battery pack replacement?

I suppose you would have to ask Tesla that question. Most of the items are wear and tear, like brakes, rotors, hubs/axles, steering rack etc. and would need to be done eventually on any car.

The core components that are unique to Tesla, like the battery, MCU, and drive motor are another story. The MCU died completely - would not respond to a reboot or remote login from Tesla. The battery was similar - I was seeing error messages for a day before the battery depleted and would not recharge. They towed the car to the nearest service center and upgraded the battery. The electric drive motor they just decided to replace because the one I had apparently was louder than normal (not something I ever noticed or asked for).

Reactions: Akikiki