Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2012 Tesla Model S P85 Signature Series For Sale w/New Motor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I just placed my order for a 90D with all the options and was looking to trade this car into Tesla Motors for $55k but if you offer me more for it before it's time to trade it in, I'll sell it to you. It has all the options offered back in 2012 and after market I had professional installed a K40 Radar Detector/Laser Defuser system ($2,500 upgrade). I also have the third row seats and reinforces rear. The electric motor was making a little noise to start the year (2016) so Tesla in Palo Alto replaced it back in May with a new one. The car currently has 57k miles on it. 21" grey rims have scuff marks and the tires are OK, still a bit of drivable thread in them.

Best,
Ben-
650-575-9111

Is Tesla giving you these trade values? I'd trade my 2013 S85 for #s your quoting. is the 45 k for an S60 including your sales tax savings on the new car?
This quote is prior to inspections, just FYI and what do you mean in regards to "including your sales tax savings on the new car" as that would be completely independent. Trade-In value towards the new car and then calculate the rebates after all of that.

Sorry to jump in on your for sale post.

If you search you'll find that $55k for a 2012 sig like yours is a very very strong offer. factor in the sales tax savings as you won't pay sales tax on the $55k of your 90d the trade with a 6% tax rate just became $58,300. Tesla can only certify your car up to 59,999 miles so careful to trade it in before then or the valuation will drop off a cliff.

Sure there is one guy out there who thinks his sig is worth $95k, it's not. In this case, in my opinion, the offer you received on trade (the lowest hassle of all sales) is very strong if not above private party market pricing.

Without the extended warranty you will be lucky to get $50K for your car. If you are going to sell as a private party you should add the extended warranty to the car as Tesla will only let the original owner do so. Tesla sells your car CPO for right around what you are asking and their cars all come fully refurbed with an extended warranty. The offer from Tesla is likely better than what you will get from private sale