Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2012 Tesla Model S P85 Signature

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

kev1n

Nov 17, 2016
SF Bay Area
2012 Tesla Model S P85 Signature
PRICE: $39,999

78k miles
Extended warranty until 11/04/2020 or 100k Miles
Exterior & Interior are in Very Good Condition
100% full charge is at 265 miles, yes it still gets the EPA rated miles like new!
Clean title in hand ready to sell, there is no lien/loan
Registration paid until Nov 2019

OEM Spec sheet:
Pearl White Paint
Tech Package with navigation
All Glass Panoramic Roof
Premium Interior Package
Black Leather and Alcantara Seats with red piping
White Alcantara Headliner
Carbon Fiber Decor Interior Trim
Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler
Free Supercharging for the life of the car
Smart Air Suspension
Ultra High Fidelity Sound
Dual Chargers

Extras:
XPEL Ultimate Paint Protection Film on full front end of the car. front bumper, front lip, full hood, full fenders, mirrors
35% 3M Colorstable Window Tint
OEM front lip, side skirts, rear aprons color matched to the car
OEM 4G LTE upgrade
OEM TPMS upgrade
New Battery F Pack revision, changed at 42k miles(2016), 120kw capable which gives faster supercharging
New Drive Unit, Q revision(2018, latest one with no reported issues)
OEM 2017 19" Silver Slipstream as pictured
OEM all weather floor mats

Carpool HOV stickers: this car has never been registered for it and isnt on the VIN list provided on the website so it should be good to register for those wondering.

rear bumper has a hair line crack in the paint(hard to see in pictures/in person unless you look for it)

IMG_5885.JPG

IMG_5886.JPG

IMG_5897.JPG

IMG_5906.JPG

IMG_5914.JPG

IMG_5915.JPG

IMG_5916.JPG

IMG_5918.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5919.JPG
    IMG_5919.JPG
    511.9 KB · Views: 39
For 40k you can get a 2015 85 with AP with less miles. What am I missing about the signature ed that makes it so much more?

1. you're comparing a P85 vs 85
2. car has a new battery with no degradation what so ever. any other 85 you come across probably has 230 miles at 100%
3. read my listing carefully, you are basically getting a fully loaded car + more
4. if you want a jacked up car. feel free to buy one of tesla's used cars

• Love
Reactions: Sig72 and Olds442
For 40k you can get a 2015 85 with AP with less miles. What am I missing about the signature ed that makes it so much more?

Quite confident that one of these days, this will be a classic car, and the Signature edition with an early VIN may be more of a collectible than a slightly later one that looks nearly identical. Of course, thats just speculation, but it makes sense as the 'sig' editions will be rarer.

$40k with a new battery is not a bad deal. An AP enabled 2015 model for $40K also sounds like a good deal, but it depends what you're looking for.

New battery, extended warranty are definitely worth something. Extra performance? Also worth something! Being an early VIN 'sig' edition, may or may not be, but they look fantastic.

Is a 2015 AP enabled car worth much? Probably not, since it's AP1 and cannot be upgraded to AP2/3, and so can never be full self-driving. So it's basically just a glorified cruise control function.

Good luck seller!

Quite confident that one of these days, this will be a classic car, and the Signature edition with an early VIN may be more of a collectible than a slightly later one that looks nearly identical. Of course, thats just speculation, but it makes sense as the 'sig' editions will be rarer.

$40k with a new battery is not a bad deal. An AP enabled 2015 model for $40K also sounds like a good deal, but it depends what you're looking for.

New battery, extended warranty are definitely worth something. Extra performance? Also worth something! Being an early VIN 'sig' edition, may or may not be, but they look fantastic.

Is a 2015 AP enabled car worth much? Probably not, since it's AP1 and cannot be upgraded to AP2/3, and so can never be full self-driving. So it's basically just a glorified cruise control function.

Good luck seller!

Thanks for the real reply. I was curious.

I get what you are saying about new motor, new battery, and it being full loaded, but it is still a 2012. I find it very hard to think anyone would pay $39k for a 2012 when they can get a 2015 for 90D for around the same price. I wish you the best of luck but $39k is a bit much. There is a reason why people aren't posting much on this thread.

s
I get what you are saying about new motor, new battery, and it being full loaded, but it is still a 2012. I find it very hard to think anyone would pay $39k for a 2012 when they can get a 2015 for 90D for around the same price. I wish you the best of luck but $39k is a bit much. There is a reason why people aren't posting much on this thread.

says obo for a reason.

also a quick search shows S 90D with similar options at 46k+ with unknown condition

if you look at what Tesla is offering in terms of P85, they range from $35-43k and these cars are missing some options here and there. my car is right in the middle of this and its got all the options along with all the things listed under Extras. also you never know what you get if you buy a car from Tesla.

logically speaking, if you compare this to any car without autopilot, it is still on par in terms of having all options/features that they offer up to date.

Reactions: golfnut