Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Model S 60 for 43k with extended warranty, good deal ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

In the market to buy a model S, I found one that has the options I want and not too far from me (60kWh, Tech package, Pano roof and rear facing seats).
It' a 2013 model with 50k miles and the seller got the 4 years / 50k extended warranty from Tesla so technically everything is covered until 2021.

Do you think 43k is a reasonable price for it ?

From what I see on this forum and on usual car buying websites, it seems like a good deal but wanted to have the community opinion.
I am ok with paying that amount of money but who would not want to pay less for the same thing...

Thank you
Florent

Tire condition? Services completed? Supercharging enabled?

Confirm the battery 90%/100% charge is within a reasonable degradation from new.

The warranty alone is ~$5k value so that’s a start. There have been and will again be 85’s trading in that price point with warranties (maybe not with RFS) but if you are happy with that car that’s important.

I’d call that a fair price, not a deal but you’re not being taken advantage of.

Thanks for your input.

Tires have been replaced at 40k and all services completed.
Supercharging is enabled.

Vendor has indicated he has never charged it at more than 80% and he has not seen any noticeable degradation. I will confirm when I go see the car.

I have been looking at Tesla past and current sales but with same options/warranty, the cheapest was 46.5 and it was a 60 model too. Cheapest 85 was at 48.5 (granted with less miles on both compared to the one I am looking at).

I am aware that RFS is not a common option so less number of cars available but it's an important option for me as I have 2 toddlers and one baby on the way...

Sounds good! When looking at past sales you will miss the ones that didn’t hit the website. If you haven’t done so already get ahold of an owner advisor as they may have vehicles not yet listed in their pipeline or give you guidance on if they will in the near future.

Is this a private party sale or through a dealership? To my knowledge the extended warranty does not transfer if the vehicle ever passed through a dealer.