Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Model S Will Charge at Supercharger but not with Wallcharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_1176.jpeg
IMG_1178.jpeg

Upvote 0
Most likely it is the wall charger, if you have a mobile charger, you can try to charge using it. You can also search for any destination charger nearby and try to use it. I have a wall charger failed on me but everything else worked, Tesla replaced the wall connector under warranty.

Upvote 0
I don't recall what my error codes were, but I was unable to charge from any AC source but was able to charge from DC. Replaced both AC fuses (A50P50-4) in the Primary charger (I have the high power option under the rear seats) and it's been prefect ever since ... this was back in 2019 on gen1 onboard chargers, so YMMV. I agree with @cbdream99, test with another AC source (mobile or destination charger) first .. if they don't work either; it's most likely the internal fuses. If possible, replace them in pairs, not just the blown one. You may know this already, but repeating for closure, you can find the instructions to remove the onboard charger(s) in the service manual at service.tesla.com after registering for a free account. Good luck.

Last edited:
Upvote 0