TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2014 Model S 85 w/AP for sale

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by OAKMOVE, Mar 19, 2018.

1. OAKMOVE

OAKMOVE New Member

Purchased by me as a CPO in 2015.
    Pearl White Multi-Coat Paint
    All Glass Panoramic Roof
    19" Silver Cyclone Wheels
    19' Michelin Primacy Tire Upgrade
    Black Nappa Leather Seats
    Obeche Wood Gloss Décor
    Matching Yacht Floor
    Supercharger Enabled
    Autopilot Hardware
    Tech Package with Autopilot
    Smart Air Suspension
    Ultra High Fidelity Sound
    Vin # 5YJSA1H15EFP44940

36,500 miles
    Just had its 3 year annual service at the Fremont mothership on March 3, 2018.
    New tires installed then, too.

Some mild curb rash and paint chipping around the wheel base but in great shape overall; garaged for its entire existence. Battery works fine - I typically keep it at 190 or so; a "full charge" is 260. I'm selling it because of a move.

Asking $49,000.
    Pictures to come shortly once I take them.
    I'm in Oakland, CA.

Thanks!

2. ArcFlash

ArcFlash Member

Does it have 3rd row seats?

3. GOFORIT5

GOFORIT5 Member

4. OAKMOVE

OAKMOVE New Member

@ArcFlash: Sorry, no third row seats.

Here are some initial pics, including the aforementioned curb rash. Scenic 880 background included for free. I can take specific pictures for those with serious inquiries if you DM me.

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  5. morrisdl

morrisdl Member

Looks like a great deal for someone!

• Like x 1
  6. giono06

giono06 New Member

I'm interested and live in the bay. Could we connect somehow so that I can see the car?

7. chuck007

chuck007 Member

Is the Auto Pilot activated ?? And where does the car stand regarding any warranties ?

8. tgfeller

tgfeller Member

9. OAKMOVE

OAKMOVE New Member

Thanks for all the collective interest. Lots of good questions came in my PM overnight. I try to answer them all below. There is going to be a slight delay in the sale, though. Since there's a note on the car, my mortgage broker convinced me to wait until our move is over to sell (apparently, any change to income/debt ratio, even a favorable one, means the home loan guys reset their analysis, which affects time to close). Anyway, I will bump this post once the home sale goes through and I can actually sell the car.

On to the Qs.

Q: Is AP activated? A: Yep.

Q: What is warranty situation? A: I want to check the paperwork to be sure, since Tesla had changed the CPO warranty a couple times. But I believe at the time I bought it the basic vehicle limited warranty was 50K/4 years from the CPO purchase. If so, there's about 25K miles/1.5 years left on it. I know it's fully transferable to subsequent owners. I will double check this when I bump the post.

Q: Why are you selling? A: I'm moving; logistics with charging in the new garage are too complicated and expensive. It's a great car, someone will be lucky to have it.

Q: What's the service history? A: I had Tesla replace the drive unit right when I took delivery. With cars of this vintage, there was often an infamous "milling noise" in the drive unit at 25-30 mph under light throttle. At the three year check-in, I noted that the sun roof stuck occasionally. Tesla lubricated the seals and pronounced it good. I have all the service records since my purchase, any prospective buyer (after I put it back on market) is welcome to inspect -- in fact, I would want you to, to make sure you'd be satisfied with purchase.

Q: Accidents? A: No. The car was broken into last year in a Safeway parking lot. Smashed the front passenger window; big mess. I had the work done at Brooks in Oakland. Brooks Motor Cars Second to none in my experience. Brooks got my insurance company to cough up for a new passenger seat, because of damage caused by the glass shards. I also dinged a bumper coming out of my driveway a couple years ago. Brooks to the rescue again. The car has no exterior issues, other than normal wear and tear from my commute to the BART station and weekend trips with the family.

Q: Clean title? A: Yes. This is not a salvage car.

Q: Clear title? A. No. Logix currently holds the title, thus the wait to sell.

Q: Where are you? A: Oakland, CA

Q: Is that a scuff on the horn? A: No. Just some schmutz that came off when I wiped it with a cloth.

For those still interested, please check back in when I bump. For those not, happy hunting!

• Like x 1
  10. Zorg

Zorg Active Member

Amazing deal. Should go quickly.

11. hurjio

hurjio Member

What's the estimated closing on the home sale? Or is it not in escrow yet?

12. OAKMOVE

OAKMOVE New Member

Still getting lots of PMs. I sincerely appreciate the interest and feedback but I can't respond to them all. To reiterate, car is not currently for sale. Totally understandable for any and all serious buyers to look elsewhere. I will re-engage later. Good luck to all buyers!

13. Buddyroe

Buddyroe Active Member

Wow. This has got to be the lowest VIN with AP. I've never seen one less than 50xxx. I'd heard there were some in the 49XXX range, but 44XXX?

14. jgd108

jgd108 Member

Yeah that's very low, my dad has a VIN a thousand higher but in Canada and it has no AP hardware.

15. Ketchups

Ketchups Member

what a tease..

16. Cclitten

Cclitten Member

Hi there! My husband and I are looking for our first Tesla. This seems to be right up our alley. Any room in the price? We'd have to figure out a way to get up there and get it back to LA.

17. noah82

noah82 Member

Did you ever wind up selling your car? If not, it's exactly what I'm looking for and would buy it for asking price. I'm in San Diego, but am up in the Bay Area all the time to visit family.