Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 P85D w/bumper conversion (feeler)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for all the replies everyone. I wasn’t really in the market to sell but I noticed a steep decline in price over the last couple of months and wanted to see what it would go for. I usually buy cars that are 3+ years old so they have already ate most of the initial depreciation. My 2014 G63 was 90k and will be worth 88k next year. I bought my 2014 P85D for $67,000 in late April for a “steal” when they were going for $75,000+ and now 3 months later they are $10k less? I love my Tesla but that sort of depreciation is pretty crazy and will probably keep me from buying another in the future. Might as well hang on to it now.

Demands have dropped due to Model 3. Also, in CA only 2017 cars will have access to the carpool lane in 2019 - 2022. Now my next car will also be a Model 3. Can't afford a 2017 X or P100Ds so deciding on a Model 3 AWD or P3D before the incentives gets cut in half.

Reactions: P85_DA
market usually gets flooded with a model at the 3 year mark when leases start coming back... that is why there are P85Ds and 85Ds in abundance right now....

also with private sale... i got a car that had 2 years left on factory warranty and bought the ESA... that gave me 6 years over the CPO 4 year deal and in some states like Nevada...no sales tax on private sale vehicles... saved me 7K

market usually gets flooded with a model at the 3 year mark when leases start coming back... that is why there are P85Ds and 85Ds in abundance right now....

also with private sale... i got a car that had 2 years left on factory warranty and bought the ESA... that gave me 6 years over the CPO 4 year deal and in some states like Nevada...no sales tax on private sale vehicles... saved me 7K
That’s a great deal if you are buying a ‘16 or newer car and plan on keeping it for 6 years, I never seem to keep cars that long. Nevada is one of the few states that doesn’t charge sales tax on used cars, must be lots of gambling tax revenue. The CPO warranty on the other hand does cover more than the ESA and doesn’t have the deductibles. I bought the ESA’s for our Model S’s when they were new because of the $500 early purchase discount and to safeguard in the event that the price might go up. The $4,750 is always refundable if canceled before they go into effect. It’s funny that Tesla doesn’t have as much confidence in the Model X as they do in the Model S, the cars are close to the same cost when new but they charge more for the Model X ESA.

Reactions: Xolt