Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Model S 70D w/autopilot - No Longer Available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2015 Model S 70D w/autopilot

Autopilot enabled, next generation tan seats, cyclone rims, yacht flooring, privacy shelving in rear, most updated software (has most recent summons out of garage feature), auto folding mirrors, 14,000 miles, took delivery in June.
If the feature is not listed above this car doesn't have it.
Serious buyers please !!! We paid first year of insurance which is the biggest cost hit for any new car.
Not many of the AWD vehicles on the market, especially at this price.

List Date: 1/10/2016

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 2015 Model S 70D w/autopilot
--------------------------------------
This item is no longer available.

browseformore.png
--------------------------------------
tesla-motors-club.gif

0655eda7-ea31-46ba-bd84-6941e2189cb6.jpg
22c7ab18-caad-4b65-b9d2-4f04f007621f.jpg

Can you add some more details, and perhaps add the line item window sticker? First pass on math suggests you're asking for a lot more than a reasonable depreciation.

Based on listed upgrades, configured is $80k - rebate - mileage depreciation (at a VERY generous $0.50/mi) = $67k at the high end. Probably more low to mid $60's. Your price is actually higher than buying new (unless I am missing an upgrade...since most states have to pay sales tax on used). A savvy researcher is probably going to offer less.

Can you add some more details, and perhaps add the line item window sticker? First pass on math suggests you're asking for a lot more than a reasonable depreciation.

Based on listed upgrades, configured is $80k - rebate - mileage depreciation (at a VERY generous $0.50/mi) = $67k at the high end. Probably more low to mid $60's. Your price is actually higher than buying new (unless I am missing an upgrade...since most states have to pay sales tax on used). A savvy researcher is probably going to offer less.

Eh you don't have to pay taxes on new car in your state? That's pretty amazing... I didn't know that... In states around me, you pay taxes on cars either new or old. I think GA is like 7.5% of the price... so buying a 67k car saves like 1k on tax alone vs. buying a 80k car. In NC, it's less percent to begin with, but you ll have to pay a % of the depreciated value of the car each year as property tax, so you save a material amount buying used as well. I am in South Carolina and the tax benefit of buying a 67k car vs. 80k car is probably the biggest of all (SC doesn't collect much sales tax but charges HUGE property tax for cars... for the 13k diff, you may save like 2k over 4 or 5 years). So ya, depending on your state, tax can make this either a good or poor deal.

e.g. when I registered my car last year, I had to pay like 2500 in taxes, for that year! If instead I am buying used, like this car above, my tax bill may only be 1900, so a 600 saving in year 1 on tax alone. The savings decrease as the car depreciates, but will like be 500 diff in the 2nd year, 400 in the 3rd year, etc, as the two values converge. However you can probably save 2k over 4 years.

Last edited:
If your price is flexible, might be interested. A similarly equipped CPO 70D w/much less miles and no next gen sold for $68k recently, so I think your asking price may be a bit high considering the age and miles (and lack of a tax credit available).