Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Model S 70D with AP1 - Good Deal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need advice on a 2015 Model S 70D. White ext, tan leather int, autopilot, and retractable sunroof. 27K miles. 1 owner, but it was in a minor fender bender. Looks to be in good condition. Is $58,800 a good deal? Thanks!

Ive been debating the same thing myself. I am in the market for a Dallas to Houston commuter, so my sweet spot for range/price is a 75D.

I think what you posted and the CPO example are good deals, but they can serve slightly different needs. Im more inclined to the D for highway maximum efficiency. If I wasnt on the highway so much, I would def go for a 2014 or 15 85 with AP cause the prices are getting to be very nice

I got the price down to $55K. It's the color I want, inside and out, but the fender bender history is giving me heartburn. But if it's a good deal then so what, right?

So is this a good deal?

A few updates - the fender bender is not listed on carfax. Not sure why that would be. Maybe it was really really minor? This is the options list. Autopilot isn't listed but is it part of the tech package? But not the "full" autopilot capability?

Attachments

• IMG_0557.JPG
    IMG_0557.JPG
    267.9 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0558.JPG
    IMG_0558.JPG
    517.5 KB · Views: 65
The owner could have activated autopilot after they took delivery. Can confirm by just showing the driver assist settings on the 17" display.

$55k is a great pice for a no stories car. For me I'd need to understand the severity (before pics) and quality of repairs to know if the price was right.

Not sure if you're financing or paying cash, but if financing the Tesla finance rates are pretty hard to beat.
Yeah he problem is he owes more than what I am paying him =\

So the seller is saying that the autopilot feature was added after. He isn't with his car but he showed me a screenshot of his app that showed a "summon car" feature that I guess wouldn't be listed on his app if he didn't have autopilot. Is that true?

I think what we are planning to do is. Go to Wells Fargo, loan holder, together, I pay him, he pays it off, gets a release on the lien and then transfers title to me. I suppose, I can pay the bank, and then him too, but not sure it makes a difference if we can get it all done in one sitting (hopefully).

Yeah he problem is he owes more than what I am paying him =\

So the seller is saying that the autopilot feature was added after. He isn't with his car but he showed me a screenshot of his app that showed a "summon car" feature that I guess wouldn't be listed on his app if he didn't have autopilot. Is that true?
That is true as far as I'm aware. Make sure you can see the VIN on the app when seeing summon.
I would still want to see the car in person and actually run autopilot to make sure.

I need advice on a 2015 Model S 70D. White ext, tan leather int, autopilot, and retractable sunroof. 27K miles. 1 owner, but it was in a minor fender bender. Looks to be in good condition. Is $58,800 a good deal? Thanks!

Hmm that is how much mine is worth after lease is over lol. Actually more like 52k.

Did he activate the AP1 or it's AP1 hardware and he didnt activate it yet? If the latter, I think that price is a bit high.