Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Model S 90D HomeLink woes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So tonight at like 11:30 PM EST my time I decided it would be fun to try and setup homelink. Instead I ended up just looking like a weirdo out in the dark raising my garage door up/down over and over again with my clicker, yet alas never with my Tesla... Anyone have the same kind of garage door opener? Attaching pic here, I have tried just about everything.

1. Point clicker right close and nose of car when in homelink setup mode and hold down open button, nothing really happens, like 45 seconds later I walked around to read the model s console and it said it was done with that step so good?

2. push the two arrows at the same time on bottom till my garage door box is flashing blue lights.

3. Go back hit next on the homelink thing in Tesla, that is when it says its programming it.

4. Says its done, and to push the homelink name you set to see if it can do the Tesla commanded up/downs. Sadly it can't do the up downs even after multiple boops :( .

Was really looking forward to the thing bringing up my garage door, me going in reverse into my driveway up to it close. Getting out and then using summon to go rest of way in, and then it auto closing the garage like something out of a Batman movie. Elon send halp.

Attachments

• GarageDoorOpener.jpg
    GarageDoorOpener.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 65
"Instead I ended up just looking like a weirdo out in the dark raising my garage door up/down over and over again with my clicker..."

You say you look like a weirdo. It depends on which side of the street you are standing on. But all/any neighbors watching you only see "...that lucky b______d has a Tesla!. God, I wish I owned a Tesla. He's so lucky to own a Tesla. What's he doing? Waxing it, polishing it? Shucks, if I had one, I'd be out waxing it at 11:30 too. That's darn decent of him to be doing it this late, trying to make it look good and and trying not to hurt our feelings or put if in our faces. Wow, nice guy. Tomorrow, I need to take two brews over there and asking him to take me for a ride in that beauty."

Figured it out folks. All you needed to do is hit the big program button off to the right and hit program on the car with the box starts flashing purple. Idk why I thought I needed to hold down the two arrow keys at the same time to initiate learn mode. Homelink is working really well for me now!

Reactions: BrokerDon