Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Model S 75D, 17,179 Miles - Open a Private Conversation With Me If Interested. Thanks!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i see, but even with your explanation the value is still around $62K. also, altho the car was optioned up to 75KWH it is still badged as a 60D. not saying that it devalues. i am very interested still and we will continue negotiation in a private message.

When I did the battery upgrade, I got new rear badges. I just haven’t applied them yet (I actually prefer how it looks with no badges). Also, Tesla shows the car as a 75D; see attached.

Attachments

• 73E41BAC-0581-4BAD-8C56-82EC30EFB992.png
    73E41BAC-0581-4BAD-8C56-82EC30EFB992.png
    657.8 KB · Views: 76
Not sure why I am putting my hat into the ring, but some states like Minnesota have no state tax rebate and charge you an EV tax every year. Consider yourself lucky if you get $2500, $5000, or even $500 in a state tax rebate. Good luck with the sale!!

You make some good points. Thank you.

However, the really excellent gray leather Next Gen seats and (as you point out), the free supercharging are no longer available.

Tesla is still enhancing AP1, and I can tell you (but perhaps you know) that AP2 has a way to go before it works as well.

Also, the car was delivered in the summer of 2016, so it’s not quite two years old. It was custom built, not from inventory.
Did you apply for carpool stickers? If so, when? If you applied in 2017 they are likely eligible for extension to 2022. Also, did you get it uncorked? A potential buyer would enjoy the performance increase.
Not to be pedantic, but just wanted to point out that when people talk about $10K in rebates, that’s not necessarily the case. Some states have no rebate program or tax credit program whatsoever. And for those that do, the amount varies. There are some states that have $5000 credits (Colorado, I believe) and I remember at least one that was only $500.

Yes, $2500 is the most common amount. But just saying that it’s not always the case. And in California (where I am) while there is a $2500 rebate, that is only available for households making less than $300k. So not everyone can take advantage of that rebate. Other states may also have various eligibility requirements that may effect people in different ways.

So while $10K may be a decent “average” figure, where people live and other circumstances will raise or lower that number.
Also CA only allows you to get two of the CARB rebates if you're financially eligible. In addition you pay sales tax on the full price, not the price minus federal/state incentives. For Palm Springs, California, that would be 8.75%.
Yes that’s true that the rebate can vary depending on your state, but $10k is still a good average to use. And in this case, the seller and I live in states where the rebate would be about $10k. And if I or the seller made more than $300k I don’t believe either of us would be negotiating over a modified 60D apose to a P100D.
The limit is $150k if you file as a single. $300k might not necessarily automatically mean a family is comfortable getting a P100D if they have a mortgage in an overpriced housing market, another expensive car payment, student loans or childcare or private school or senior care, etc.

I don't mean to be rude, but all of that is irrelevant to our price conversation. you don't pass on taxes you've paid on a car to a potential buyer because that buyer still has to pay taxes themselves before registering. as far as the income, we've already addressed that it doesn't apply to me or the seller. so my question is, after all that professorial annotations, how does it change the price breakdown I've outlined???

Reactions: Electricious
I don't mean to be rude, but all of that is irrelevant to our price conversation. you don't pass on taxes you've paid on a car to a potential buyer because that buyer still has to pay taxes themselves before registering. as far as the income, we've already addressed that it doesn't apply to me or the seller. so my question is, after all that professorial annotations, how does it change the price breakdown I've outlined???
Not taken as rude at all. You subtracted $10k from the price of the car due to tax incentives, I was just pointing out it's not really $10k (since when buying new you pay taxes on those $10k, and also forgot to mention the OP is supposed to return a portion of the $2500 rebate to CA due to selling before 30 months have passed). We could have gotten into more detail about the price the car would cost if optioned similarly today as new, but then we'd talk about the features that have since become standard that this car doesn't have, etc. At the end of the day, a car is worth as much as one person is willing to pay and the other is willing to sell, which should probably be done in private (PM or Conversation) if you're really serious about this one. GLWS!

Hello everyone.

May I request that anyone interested in buying my car start a conversation with me. I am new enough so that I don’t yet have the ability to edit or delete posts or to PM anyone, but conversations are private in the sense that no one sees what you say but those invited to the conversation.

Also, please note that I have reduced the price of the car to $71K. And you are also (of course) free to offer what you think is fair. But please do so in a conversation. There can of course be endless debates on what is fair, but in the interests of moving forward with selling this car, may I ask that we call that particular discussion completed? Not that I don’t enjoy reading the interesting points made by some of the participants in such discussions, but I do want to sell the car. Besides which, I think we’ve probably exhausted the “what is a fair price” debate. In the end, as MIT_S60 said, an item is “worth” what someone is willing to pay for it. And, in any case, I am willing to entertain reasonable offers. Thanks.

I do have the California stickers for high-speed lanes. I also should mention that the car has a very nice cubbyhole drawer with the Tesla insignia. That’s an item I added myself. It slides into the cubbyhole at the bottom of the dash just above the center console. I also have a new 75D badge that Tesla gave out for anyone who upgraded a 60/60D to a 75/75D.

Thanks very much! I appreciate everyone’s interest.

Reactions: Brutaka and MIT_S60
Not to be pedantic, but just wanted to point out that when people talk about $10K in rebates, that’s not necessarily the case. Some states have no rebate program or tax credit program whatsoever. And for those that do, the amount varies. There are some states that have $5000 credits (Colorado, I believe) and I remember at least one that was only $500.

Yes, $2500 is the most common amount. But just saying that it’s not always the case. And in California (where I am) while there is a $2500 rebate, that is only available for households making less than $300k. So not everyone can take advantage of that rebate. Other states may also have various eligibility requirements that may effect people in different ways.

So while $10K may be a decent “average” figure, where people live and other circumstances will raise or lower that number.
A quick question. So I live in Colorado and have no idea how the $5000 works. Would that be applied as a down payment when I purchase the car or would that be something I need to obtain during tax season? It's confusing.

A quick question. So I live in Colorado and have no idea how the $5000 works. Would that be applied as a down payment when I purchase the car or would that be something I need to obtain during tax season? It's confusing.
The Federal tax credits are only on new vehicles, does Colorado offer state credits on used cars? If you qualify for both then new is the way to go.

@RamgeRover I just pm'ed you the price I just sold my car to give you an idea. Ignore these lowballers.
Beautiful car.

I need to research buying a car out of state (California) how tax hits when registering in home state (Colorado)

Good luck with the sale.

Thank you!

You will have to pay sales tax, but there is probably a grace period during which you can drive it with the out of state plates. Check with your DMV and insurance company.

I used to live in Denver.

Let me know if you are interested in my car. You can open a private conversation to talk further if you are.

Colorado offers a tax credit for EV's , even used if they have not been previously registered in colorado. you get the rebate when you file your taxes...
So if I bought a Tesla in CA, could I bring it back to CO and register it? Thus getting the credits?

And I thought once the original owner claims the credits the next owner cannot claim the credits.

Here's a link in regards to CO credits. Looks like it's not possible for used vehicles that are January 1, 2017 and up.

Alt Fuel Vehicle Tax Credits | Colorado Energy Office

Last edited: