Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Model S 90D, New Nose, Lifetime Supercharging - $72,500

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm always suspicious of why people are selling a perfectly good car, but I like newer gizmos more than luxury, so I just bought a Model 3 before the tax credits expired and am selling my 2016 Model S 90D with 23,700 miles in pristine condition other than curb damage to the wheels and the tires which will soon need replacement.

This is a pretty rare combination of new nosecone and unlimited supercharging. The only downside is the autopilot is version 1. No kids, pets, or smoke have ever been inside the car. Feel free to request additional photos. Pickup in Knoxville, TN.

Also includes Tesla brand outdoor car cover ($400) and brand new Signature Black Tesla Wall Connector ($500).

• Model S 90D
  • All-Wheel Drive
  • Solid Black Paint
  • All Glass Panoramic Roof
  • 19" Silver Slipstream Wheels
  • Grey Next Generation Seats
  • Dark Ash Wood Décor
  • White Alcantara Headliner
  • Supercharging Included for Life
  • Autopilot Convenience Features
  • Tesla brand outdoor car cover
  • New Signature Black Wall Connector

Lucent-2016-90D-1.jpg
Lucent-2016-90D-2.jpg
Lucent-2016-90D-3.jpg
Lucent-2016-90D-4.jpg
Lucent-2016-90D-5.jpg
Lucent-2016-90D-6.jpg
Lucent-2016-90D-7.jpg
Lucent-2016-90D-8.jpg
Lucent-2016-90D-9.jpg
Lucent-2016-90D-10.jpg

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
My S was just totaled and I am in the market for an AP1 90D. Your price is way out of whack. Tesla has 6 listed on the east coast right now with prices between $57,900 and $67,300.

Fair enough. I didn't do a great deal of research on that particular rare combination of AP1, unlimited charging, and new nosecone. I'm totally open to offers or negotiation.

CPO is gone? Is that something different than the used listings in on tesla.com? This is a car I had intended to keep for decades but couldn't resist AP2 and the potential of FSD. If you look at my old posts here I was discussing whether it was better to use regen or always coast, so I'm certainly not the racing-type driver or someone who abuses cars, as you can see from the photos. I wish there was some way to export the car's entire history and charge cycles and acceleration usage. With all this data Tesla is tracking surely they can give some back to us.

CPO is gone? Is that something different than the used listings in on tesla.com? This is a car I had intended to keep for decades but couldn't resist AP2 and the potential of FSD. If you look at my old posts here I was discussing whether it was better to use regen or always coast, so I'm certainly not the racing-type driver or someone who abuses cars, as you can see from the photos. I wish there was some way to export the car's entire history and charge cycles and acceleration usage. With all this data Tesla is tracking surely they can give some back to us.
The car looks great. Yes, Tesla discontinued the CPO program and now only sells "used." That means they will no longer fix cosmetic problems with the cars, which makes buying one sight unseen difficult.

Reactions: BulldogsRus
Encouraged by the thoughtful responses here compared to craigslist and other sites, so I'd be open to selling to someone here with a reasonable post history for a lower price than I would be dealing offsite at full price. I won't be insulted by low offers, either. Going down to $70k starting after looking around more.

Is it crazy that I considered buying a nicer camera under the pretense that the better quality pictures would better represent the car enough to offset its cost? Really want a Z6 just so the dynamic range could capture the quality of the paint job and wax.

I thought the free supercharging does not "follow" the car when sold. At least that's what I was told by a Tesla employee. Which is weired by the way... if I gift my car to my son he doesn't get the unlimited SC? Also, how would Tesla know that the car has a new owner? From the email login of the app?

A 2016 definitely transfers free supercharging (unless Tesla finds out it has salvaged title and not been re-certified) further more I'd say this being non-CPO (warranty added from delivery date) Most people like the security of additional warranty the CPO provides 2 year up to 100K or 4 year 50K additional. Your car should fly low $60's

I'm still not sure why some feel it's appropriate to have these conversations on someone's for sale thread.. this isn't an open forum to discuss whatever you want. Also, keep the negative opinions on what you "think" the guy's car is worth to yourself or send an offer via PM. All this tearing other people's car's value down publicly to try to make you look smart or like you know more than the next guy only serves to kill the secondary market on these cars. As Tesla owners we should all be happy they ask for and get higher prices than you think they should.

The car looks great. Yes, Tesla discontinued the CPO program and now only sells "used." That means they will no longer fix cosmetic problems with the cars, which makes buying one sight unseen difficult.

This isn't true. The CPO program never has covered cosmetic issues and the warranty is quite descriptive on what is considered normal cosmetic wear and tear. CPO never meant they were going to fix all of your cosmetic issues and was more like an extension of the bumper-to-bumper warranty of a new car in many ways. You have a door handle fail to present within the CPO warranty period? Tesla is going to fix that under warranty at no cost to you. It's a mechanical warranty outside of the drive-train warranty. How people come up with this crap and start spouting it off as fact on these forums is beyond me.

I thought the free supercharging does not "follow" the car when sold. At least that's what I was told by a Tesla employee. Which is weired by the way... if I gift my car to my son he doesn't get the unlimited SC? Also, how would Tesla know that the car has a new owner? From the email login of the app?

Unlimited supercharging for life transfers with the vehicles that have it 100% free and automatically. It follows the car. Period. Lots of people spreading misinformation about this as fact which it's entirely untrue for cars made up until January of 2017. It's sad that "Tesla sales person" tends to be one of the more common sources of misinformation these days. Tesla has a REAL problem on their hands when they employ nowhere near enough employees for the demands of personal interactions but the ones they do employ have no idea what they're talking about. It's bad look for Tesla.

I'm still not sure why some feel it's appropriate to have these conversations on someone's for sale thread.. this isn't an open forum to discuss whatever you want. Also, keep the negative opinions on what you "think" the guy's car is worth to yourself or send an offer via PM. All this tearing other people's car's value down publicly to try to make you look smart or like you know more than the next guy only serves to kill the secondary market on these cars. As Tesla owners we should all be happy they ask for and get higher prices than you think they should.

This isn't true. The CPO program never has covered cosmetic issues and the warranty is quite descriptive on what is considered normal cosmetic wear and tear. CPO never meant they were going to fix all of your cosmetic issues and was more like an extension of the bumper-to-bumper warranty of a new car in many ways. You have a door handle fail to present within the CPO warranty period? Tesla is going to fix that under warranty at no cost to you. It's a mechanical warranty outside of the drive-train warranty. How people come up with this crap and start spouting it off as fact on these forums is beyond me.

Unlimited supercharging for life transfers with the vehicles that have it 100% free and automatically. It follows the car. Period. Lots of people spreading misinformation about this as fact which it's entirely untrue for cars made up until January of 2017. It's sad that "Tesla sales person" tends to be one of the more common sources of misinformation these days. Tesla has a REAL problem on their hands when they employ nowhere near enough employees for the demands of personal interactions but the ones they do employ have no idea what they're talking about. It's bad look for Tesla.

Actually, you're spreading misinformation. I just called Tesla. The free supercharging does not follow the car if sold . Call for yourself before responding .

• Disagree
Reactions: HostileHarry