Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Model S P100D for sale 79,000 OBO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So if this is my car I was originally selling, here are some final thoughts.
Tesla gave me about $71,000 in trade value after they determined that the car check report of major structural damage was according to them an error.
With the savings on car sales tax, the tax credit, and the positive value of my trade, my deal was about +17,000.
I disputed the car check report in an internal review; I was unable to get the major structural damage report removed from the car check.
There are definitely some differences between my performance model 3 and my p100d. When you take all of the differences into consideration including ride handling performance electric motor efficiency noise vibration harshness etc THERE IS NO QUESTION THAT THE NEWER MODEL 3 IS A BETTER OVERALL CAR.
Anyone spending more than $55,000 on a performance-based Tesla would be ill-informed or delusional to spend a penny more for a p100d over performance model 3.
Finally I'm certain the vast majority of people that participate in these forums are far more advanced in terms of their thought process, education, and intelligence than the average automobile consumer. With that said the majority of people who contacted me or responded were negative in the extreme. The majority were tire kicking wankers who Tesla should separate from as many of their dollars as possible. I'm amazed at this company can deal with all of these personalities for new cars and pre-owned cars in generate revenue it really is a damn miracle the company has survived given the consumer-base.

^^ Tesla said your car had a "clean history" when I was going to purchase it from them. They did not disclose to me that there was a car check report that indicated major damage. I'm now extra glad I didn't get that car since it'd be hard to convince people that that was in error when it came to selling it.

When it comes to P3D being better than P100D, that's really just your opinion. What you're saying is that anybody who buys a RS7 or CLS AMG is delusional because there's the RS3 and CLA AMG. P3D does 0-60 in 3.2 seconds, P100D does it in 2.5 seconds. While obviously 3.2 is still fast and to the majority of people the extra speed of the P100D should not matter, the same can be said for any performance car.

If car buying was always most objective, there would never be a reason for anybody to get a Ferrari or a Lamborghini as apart from a few performance related things, they are vastly practically inferior to other cars that cost one full digit less.

P100D is not only much faster than the P3D but it's also a much bigger car that can carry a LOT more. Sure the P3D would handle better but that's a direct result of it being a lot smaller. Also subjectively, I've driven a Model 3 and the interior did not look like a car that I would like to own.

I haven't heard the Model 3 referred to as being a car that is quieter and smoother to drive than the Model S. And if anything, the Raven update for the Model S made it much much better in exactly those categories.

Reactions: jdw and darxsys
^^ Tesla said your car had a "clean history" when I was going to purchase it from them. They did not disclose to me that there was a car check report that indicated major damage. I'm now extra glad I didn't get that car since it'd be hard to convince people that that was in error when it came to selling it.

When it comes to P3D being better than P100D, that's really just your opinion. What you're saying is that anybody who buys a RS7 or CLS AMG is delusional because there's the RS3 and CLA AMG. P3D does 0-60 in 3.2 seconds, P100D does it in 2.5 seconds. While obviously 3.2 is still fast and to the majority of people the extra speed of the P100D should not matter, the same can be said for any performance car.

If car buying was always most objective, there would never be a reason for anybody to get a Ferrari or a Lamborghini as apart from a few performance related things, they are vastly practically inferior to other cars that cost one full digit less.

P100D is not only much faster than the P3D but it's also a much bigger car that can carry a LOT more. Sure the P3D would handle better but that's a direct result of it being a lot smaller. Also subjectively, I've driven a Model 3 and the interior did not look like a car that I would like to own.

I haven't heard the Model 3 referred to as being a car that is quieter and smoother to drive than the Model S. And if anything, the Raven update for the Model S made it much much better in exactly those categories.

If you've owned and driven both vehicles and have formed an opinion then buy what you like. Objectively the performance model 3 is in many ways equal or superior to the model S P100D.

There is no reason to spend a penny more than a new performance model 3 which is quite simply the best performance automobile deal in the history of the automobile.

Tesla continues to stretch peoples ability to comprehend and appreciate their technology innovations including there existing customer base.

If you've owned and driven both vehicles and have formed an opinion then buy what you like. Objectively the performance model 3 is in many ways equal or superior to the model S P100D.

There is no reason to spend a penny more than a new performance model 3 which is quite simply the best performance automobile deal in the history of the automobile.

Tesla continues to stretch peoples ability to comprehend and appreciate their technology innovations including there existing customer base.

You know, I would maybe side with you on this if not for two major things:

1) no hatchback.
2) much more important: the horrible front end design of the M3. Every single time I see an M3, I am disgusted by how terrible it looks.

Your statement about best performance car deal in history is also laughable in my opinion. You sound like Elon. M3 is just another car on the road. There is nothing about it that makes people go wow. At least not the people I know. Model S however...

The only way a P3D is objectively better than a P100D is that it handles better. That's about it. It's objectively worse by several very important measures such as 0-60 acceleration time and carry capacity.

Also, a lot of people do like smaller cars better so that is subjective, but what isn't subjective is that generally bigger cars are more expensive. Part of why P100D is more expensive.

When it comes to subjective matters like the look of the exterior and the look and feel of the interior - well, they are subjective, and I dislike the way the Model 3 looks and I dislike the way its smaller cabin feels - in size, in practicality, and in aesthetic design. It feels cheap to me.

Reactions: darxsys
You know, I would maybe side with you on this if not for two major things:

1) no hatchback.
2) much more important: the horrible front end design of the M3. Every single time I see an M3, I am disgusted by how terrible it looks.

Your statement about best performance car deal in history is also laughable in my opinion. You sound like Elon. M3 is just another car on the road. There is nothing about it that makes people go wow. At least not the people I know. Model S however...

What I've stated about the model 3 are not opinions but facts. If you can provide a better example of overall better performance vehicle for a better value sold anywhere in the world please provide the vehicle info.
What I've stated are simply facts.
Y'all are entitled to your own opinions but the facts are simply the facts.
Ive owned three Tesla's two model S P90 and P100D and one model 3. I've driven at least three others: X, mid range 3, and S 75D.
With all technical, subjective,objective and performance factors taken into consideration the palace
Performance model 3 and it's model Y variant are simply the best vehicles in the current and imminent future Tesla lineup.
I think Tesla has done beyond a fantastic job of bringing the price down to a very reasonable level from the +100,000 dollar range to+50,000 for a better higher performance cari just a few years.
So many of y'all have eyes but can't see it's astounding.

• Disagree
Reactions: jaguar36
What I've stated about the model 3 are not opinions but facts. If you can provide a better example of overall better performance vehicle for a better value sold anywhere in the world please provide the vehicle info.
Ive owned three Tesla's two model S P90 and P100D and one model 3. I've driven at least three others: X, mid range 3, and S 75D.
With all technical, subjective,objective and performance factors taken into consideration the palace
Performance model 3 and it's model Y variant are simply the best vehicles in the current and imminent future Tesla lineup.
I think Tesla has done beyond a fantastic job of bringing the price down to a very reasonable level from the +100,000 dollar range to+50,000 for a better higher performance cari just a few years.

So your opinions are facts, but our opinions are just opinions? Why am I wasting my life even responding to people like you, I wonder.

I completely agree with you about that, dude. I think the Model 3 is an UNBELIEVABLE car especially the P3D around $50k brings unheard of levels of performance and technology to that price point. There's no doubt in my mind that for that price, there could not be a better car.

Though I also think the P100D is a better car overall and it's more fitting for me, although also much more expensive. That tradeoff is probably not worth it to the majority of people. It is to me, but again that's based on your life situation + subjective tastes.

Like I'm not gonna tell someone who has $55k to spend on a car to save for a P100D. The Performance Model 3 is an unbelievable achievement and anyone claiming otherwise is delusional.

Your opinions are not facts. You can like a car without trying to convince everyone that it's the greatest possible car.

Lots of comments on my opinions but I'm my stating my opinion when I say overall all factors taken into consideration I'm going to list them for you: range, design aesthetic, performance, system technology, battery design and price, the performance model 3 is the overall better car.
If you can provide a better example of overall better performance vehicle better value sold anywhere in the world please provide the vehicle info.
I don't have to recite the factual basis of my statement. I've owned both and put thousands of miles on both platforms.
No one who has commented except hasme owned and had extensive experience with both but that doesn't keep any of you from providing your opinions? Therefore none of your opinions carry any significant weight; they are entirely subjective with no practical real-world experience to back them up.
One of you commented why you waste your time? The only reason why I waste my time is I wanted to give something back to the forums to help people understand.
Until you've owned and have significant experience with both platforms your opinions are highly irrelevant.

• Disagree
Reactions: jaguar36
Until you've owned and have significant experience with both platforms your opinions are highly irrelevant.
Highly irrelevant? I have both a P3D and P100D and I disagree, as does Tesla, that's why the P3 is half price, it's the poor mans performance car. You know opinions are like arse holes, everybody has one, why you think yours is better than anybody else's is beyond me....

Reactions: JamesBrown
Without getting too much into $$$ I'm going to use a cell phone or laptop analogy. The technology of three years ago cost more than better technology today. If you use what Tesla charges plenty of evidence to indicate that the price is incredibly fluid and subjectively set by Tesla. Those are facts.
Here's another analogy that perhaps an opinion with an asshole can grasp. In 1989 the ultimate Porsche was the 911 Turbo however the 944 Turbo of that year was a superior car at a fraction of the price. In that analogy of course Porsche and your analogy Tesla want you to pay more for the more expensive higher profit margin car.
Those are the facts again over and over

Without getting too much into $$$ I'm going to use a cell phone or laptop analogy. The technology of three years ago cost more than better technology today. If you use what Tesla charges plenty of evidence to indicate that the price is incredibly fluid and subjectively set by Tesla. Those are facts.
Here's another analogy that perhaps an opinion with an asshole can grasp. In 1989 the ultimate Porsche was the 911 Turbo however the 944 Turbo of that year was a superior car at a fraction of the price. In that analogy of course Porsche and your analogy Tesla want you to pay more for the more expensive higher profit margin car.
Those are the facts again over and over

Sure but is your argument that the more expensive car is a worse deal? That is literally the case with every carmaker in history.

P100D is faster, larger and more luxurious, and is [for most people] unjustifiably more expensive. That's the way with premium stuff, it's just unjustifiable generally.

The only part with P3D having the better tech is I guess about the V3 supercharging? Which won't be an important thing for a while, and I am sure Model S/X are gonna get it soon.

Everything else, P100D is better at, in terms of range - performance - space - luxury - [subjectively] aesthetics, etc.

Lots of comments on my opinions but I'm my stating my opinion when I say overall all factors taken into consideration I'm going to list them for you: range, design aesthetic, performance, system technology, battery design and price, the performance model 3 is the overall better car.
If you can provide a better example of overall better performance vehicle better value sold anywhere in the world please provide the vehicle info.
I don't have to recite the factual basis of my statement. I've owned both and put thousands of miles on both platforms.
No one who has commented except hasme owned and had extensive experience with both but that doesn't keep any of you from providing your opinions? Therefore none of your opinions carry any significant weight; they are entirely subjective with no practical real-world experience to back them up.
One of you commented why you waste your time? The only reason why I waste my time is I wanted to give something back to the forums to help people understand.
Again... those are mostly subjective comparisons and based on your opinion.

Owning a car does not make your options about the car magically become facts. Telling someone that their opinions means less than yours simply because you owned a car is BS. The only person your opinions matter to is you.