Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Model S P90DL+ FUSC, Premium Connectivity, AP, Ceramic Coated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
not sure thats accurate I own a 2015 P90DL w/ Plus supension
Interesting. I knew someone who tried to order a P85D with a Plus suspension after me, Tesla said it was discontinued. That said, This is Tesla, they are not known for consistency, especially back then. Perhaps they found a bunch of Plus suspension parts in some storage at the factory, so they used them. We know they did that with some old 85 batteries (IIRC at one point there was a batch of S75D's that was shipped to EU which actually had 85KWh batteries, while Tesla was not even selling cars with 85KWh batteries at that time - they were software locked and Tesla never offered the unlock for those). There was even one Model S with Mercedes set of doors/windows controls which definitely did not belong on a Model S - maybe they had some samples they chose not to waste so they put them into production. I also heard of Fry's USB cables, and home depot straps holding parts of some early Model Y cars.

When you ordered the car, was this specified in Design Studio? Did it say anything about suspension being different in P vs. non-P model?