Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sold 2016 Model X P90DL Ludacris + White/White Loaded

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That thing looks gorgeous.
Did you have the sticker?

How realistic do you find the range on it when driven normally?

I don’t have the sticker. It has everything that you could possibly put on it though. It is gorgeous. And fast. Ridiculously fast.

For the range, I use the Nav a lot for longer trips. It will calculate the battery percentage you should have when you get there and I usually find I can beat that. There is a pretty big difference if you are doing 85 or drafting a semi at 60mph but range anxiety isn’t really a thing. I regularly drive 120 miles a day in Dallas without issue. Road trips and the estimated percentages between superchargers work really well.

Reactions: MichaelP90DL
3710945C-617C-4A58-A70F-A8ADF4554E99.jpeg
Moving to a larger audience with a higher price;)

I’ve never really paid attention before because range hasn’t been an issue at all for my daily driving so I was curious and took some notes today.

I left the house with 90% charge and 207 miles. I ran errands this morning in Luda with a heavy right foot. Eventually I hopped on the highway to Fort Worth and drove between 55-80mph depending on traffic. You can see the first photo it shows I should have 48% remaining after a 1:15 hour drive (It started around 46% but I didn’t take a photo, I snapped the pic with 52 miles to go). The next photo shows I arrived with 49% and was able to gain a little mileage.

I ran some errands there and then back on the highway to Plano. I just stopped for some free supercharging and a Starbucks and I’m showing 153.3 miles driven today and 40 left for a 193.3 mile total. On the time since last charge I used 338Wh/mile. If I drive very conservatively and not at 80, you can get that down to 315wh/m and if you really game it you can get below 300. I had the seat heat, steering wheel heat and climate at 69 for most of the drive. I drive pretty normally and if I’m the first at a stop light the WH/mile will go through the roof. If I didn’t do a little red light racing at the beginning of the day I’d have a few more useful miles. This car was built to have a little fun though;)

Bottom line, right under 200 miles at 90% daily charge, 100% charge will buy you another 30 miles or so.
F60F15F0-B51B-4767-B44F-5F250929F77E.jpeg

16CB130D-75A3-4BE5-9B34-E816E43608C9.jpeg

F74FAA12-CE02-43D5-8EA4-D443694BEB2C.jpeg