Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 model XPremium package

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did the 2016 model X have premium package? I’m looking at the tesla pre-owned website and a lot of these don’t have premium package. This would be like the door automatically opening when you walk towards it. Was it not available then?

This is the option list

1. Autopilot with convenience features
  2. Free Supercharging
  3. HEPA Air Filtration System
  4. Smart Air Suspension
  5. Subzero Weather Package
  6. Keyless Entry
  7. Power Liftgate
It doesn’t have the high fidelity sound system. How crucial is that? I’m more concerned about the door opening when you walk towards it which was part of the premium package I think.

Do you get 4 years and 50,000 miles on top of what the car comes with? I told them my concerns with a 2016 glitchy falcon door but they said it’s all been fixed

None of the listed 2016 MX actually state “premium option” so I guess the only way to tell is with the HEPA. The associate won’t send the sticker either. I said my concern is the glitchy FWD but associate said they have all been fixed. But is AP1 a concern? I’d like to have AP2 but there aren’t any 2017 inventory cars right now

I’m more concerned about the door opening when you walk towards it which was part of the premium package I think.

The 2016 implementation of auto open doors u probably don’t want ..this was redesigned mid 2017 ..but the 2016 doors slammed closed harder and had some other issues ...prices are dropping and u should consider an 2017 AP2.x model ..vs 2016

Reactions: MXWing
The ones I see in the Tesla inventory are all 2016 AP1. Are they really that poor compared to the AP2? Some owners have mentioned that the 2015 FWD aren’t that terrible while others say stay away. If it’s bad, I would think that warranty should fix it. I drive a gas car now so any autopilot is going to be better than what I have now.

Did the 2016 model X have premium package? I’m looking at the tesla pre-owned website and a lot of these don’t have premium package. This would be like the door automatically opening when you walk towards it. Was it not available then?

This is the option list

1. Autopilot with convenience features
  2. Free Supercharging
  3. HEPA Air Filtration System
  4. Smart Air Suspension
  5. Subzero Weather Package
  6. Keyless Entry
  7. Power Liftgate
It doesn’t have the high fidelity sound system. How crucial is that? I’m more concerned about the door opening when you walk towards it which was part of the premium package I think.

Do you get 4 years and 50,000 miles on top of what the car comes with? I told them my concerns with a 2016 glitchy falcon door but they said it’s all been fixed

It should have PUP if HEPA is there. Very few people added it separately. Urban legend I think hehehe. PUP was an option and I think about 75% of us got it.

One way to also tell is if the seats are perforated... it would have PUP, with ventilated seats, auto doors, etc. also should have Alcantara on the front of dash.

I like our AP1 build. After initial links it’s been solid. Few seals and latches were updated is all. AP1 does well with auto steer on road trips. If you like to drive, don’t need it much other times. Tesla’s are enjoyable to actually drive ya know...

Let us know if any more questions on that period since many of us have one.

Reactions: rush6410
The ones I see in the Tesla inventory are all 2016 AP1. Are they really that poor compared to the AP2? Some owners have mentioned that the 2015 FWD aren’t that terrible while others say stay away. If it’s bad, I would think that warranty should fix it. I drive a gas car now so any autopilot is going to be better than what I have now.

The most significant issue with AP1 is it is a technological dead end. AP2 can be upgraded to hardware not even released yet. Slam dunk on what to get.

I would wait for the first AP2's to hit and compare prices. If you get a 2016 AP2 that car will be a unicorn. It has free unlimited supercharging that sticks with the car.

It should have PUP if HEPA is there. Very few people added it separately. Urban legend I think hehehe. PUP was an option and I think about 75% of us got it.

HEPA without PUP was a real thing.

1x Enhanced Air Quality Package for $ 750.00 each

All items : $ 750.00 USD
Tax : $ 54.38 USD
Shipping : $ 0.00 USD
Total : $ 804.38 USD

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
None of the listed 2016 MX actually state “premium option” so I guess the only way to tell is with the HEPA. The associate won’t send the sticker either. I said my concern is the glitchy FWD but associate said they have all been fixed. But is AP1 a concern? I’d like to have AP2 but there aren’t any 2017 inventory cars right now

I think AP1 is reasonable if you are getting a pretty good discount or there is a good chance you’ll keep the car for only 3-5 years. Otherwise I would hold out for AP2 since as MXWing said above, AP1 isn’t getting upgraded anymore. At this point AP1 probably does the high majority of what is needed right now... but I think things will start to really diverge in the near future.

I have a 12/2016 X, and it does have AP2. mid October 2016 was the switchover I believe. I’ve had no issues with FWD. The other differences are that the front door latches were significantly improved mid 2017. You can get them to retrofit the new latches though (which they did for me for free). The new latches are significantly quieter and essentially makes no noise locking from the latches themself. It’s worth requesting the retrofit. Also they changed the FWD buttons in the door pillar. Doesn’t make a major difference, but I also had mine retrofitted for free; the old design worked just fine.

..but the 2016 doors slammed closed harder

Holy *sugar*! I can't imagine them slamming any harder than my 2018 doors! My front doors just smash straight through the soft-close mechanism unless I close them manually, which I now do most of the time. FWDs do close nicely though, so no issues there and they are not eating into the paintwork like I've seen on some earlier cars.

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
It doesn’t have the high fidelity sound system. How crucial is that?

Depends on your listening preferences. If you like plenty of volume and a full bass response in your music then the premium audio is a big improvement. The standard sound system is clear enough, but very weak and muddy on bass without the sub-woofer. There are plenty of aftermarket upgrade options to consider though, so maybe not a deal breaker if you do want premium sound.