Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Tesla Model S Sedan For Sale ($66,900 OBO)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2016 Model S 60 kw (upgrade to 75kw for another $2000)
7200 miles. Clean CarFax. Single owner, non-smoker, always garaged, never seen snow, still has new car smell.
3+ years/43,000 mi basic warranty, 7+ years/unlimited mi powertrain warranty
Red Multi-Coat paint
Newer Style Front Fascia Kit (came out in June 2016)
All glass panoramic Sunroof
Tan next gen leather seats
Dark Ash wood decor
Black Alacantra headliner
Autopilot enabled (it rocks!)
Free Supercharger for life (Grandfathered in. It's not available in new cars)
Highly customized with a satin black trim on windows, mirrors, doors, front/back, satin black 19" slipstream wheels, red brake calipers, 3M windows tint, top of the line dual channel dashcam
209 miles of range on full charge. Can upgrade to 249 miles with a software lock removal from Tesla motors for $2000
I get nothing but compliments on it's looks. Looking to upgrade to the 100D model.
Truly the best car I've ever owned.

View the CarFax at:
CARFAX Vehicle History Report for this 2016 TESLA MODEL S: 5YJSA1E15GF148296

Attachments

• IMG_0543.JPG
    IMG_0543.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0558.JPG
    IMG_0558.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0561.JPG
    IMG_0561.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0563.JPG
    IMG_0563.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 96
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0540.JPG
    IMG_0540.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0169.JPG
    IMG_0169.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0553.JPG
    IMG_0553.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0555.JPG
    IMG_0555.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0557.JPG
    IMG_0557.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 98
Reactions: Swift
Autopilot enabled (it rocks!)
Is this the $5,000 option labeled 'enhanced auto pilot' on the Tesla website ?

I'm trying to make sense of your price offer. The Tesla website lists the Model S 75 as $69,500 and it apparently includes the auto lift-gate option. A new car buyer would then presumably be eligible for a $7,500 federal tax credit, bringing the price down to $62,000 before any eligible state rebates.

Last edited:
Is this the $5,000 option labeled 'enhanced auto pilot' on the Tesla website ?

I'm trying to make sense of your price offer. The Tesla website lists the Model S 75 as $69,500 and it apparently includes the auto lift-gate option. A new car buyer would then presumably be eligible for a $7,500 federal tax credit, bringing the price down to $62,000 before any eligible state rebates.

@SageBrush : The car has AP1 (not AP2).

Regarding price, with the same options that my car has you can build a new one on Tesla's web-site for $82,500 (Red paint, Tan seats, Sunroof, Autopilot, Destination & Delivery Fee). So after the fed tax credit that comes to $75k (I don't qualify for state credits in CA and it is tough for most luxury car buyers to qualify for them in CA). Take off $2k for the battery upgrade. I have spent close to $4k in aftermarket. Also, the car has unlimited Supercharging (that new cars don't have), so it should have at least $1k in value over the life of the car. You also save around $1200 in sales tax (around 8% on average in most CA counties) on a much lower purchase price ($82.5k vs $67k).

Look at it another way, my used car is listed at 16% below MSRP (before tax credits) of the new car which is pretty good for a 10 months old Model S with 7k miles.

Look at it another way, my used car is listed at 16% below MSRP (before tax credits) of the new car which is pretty good for a 10 months old Model S with 7k miles.
Why do you exclude the tax credit ?

The rest of your post I follow, but it seems a stretch to presume that you will find a buyer who would have chosen exactly your options, aftermarket, and no others available to a new car buyer. This is the tricky part for sellers and buyers of used Teslas: how to value choice restriction. In my case e.g., I don't much value the options you chose or aftermarket you bought, but I do value three options you did not pick or do not have: EAP, FSD, and dual motors. With any luck you will find a buyer who is closer to your preferences, but identical seems unlikely and you still seem to be asking for 100% of what you paid for them on a used car.

The sales tax savings is real, but the destination charge is (I think) already included in the Tesla quote of $69,500 before tax credit. Perhaps I am not a typical buyer and my estimation of used car value should be ignored.

Good luck with your sale!

Why do you exclude the tax credit ?

The rest of your post I follow, but it seems a stretch to presume that you will find a buyer who would have chosen exactly your options, aftermarket, and no others available to a new car buyer. This is the tricky part for sellers and buyers of used Teslas: how to value choice restriction. In my case e.g., I don't much value the options you chose or aftermarket you bought, but I do value three options you did not pick or do not have: EAP, FSD, and dual motors. With any luck you will find a buyer who is closer to your preferences, but identical seems unlikely and you still seem to be asking for 100% of what you paid for them on a used car.

The sales tax savings is real, but the destination charge is (I think) already included in the Tesla quote of $69,500 before tax credit. Perhaps I am not a typical buyer and my estimation of used car value should be ignored.

Good luck with your sale!

All good @SageBrush

At the end of the day, I do believe that the pricing of my car is quite competitive when compared to recent sales and active listings of used Tesla. Any buyer who is buying my 10 month old car (with less than 7500 miles) would be saving around $10k (even after tax credits) when compared to getting a similar new car today.

I am 100% certain that the destination charge is not included in Tesla's base price of $69,500. You can try building the car and proceed towards a checkout (but not pay) to confirm that. The options I chose in my car were what I believed were essential to almost every luxury car buyer. While some buyers will choose more options than these, but most buyers will at least get the metallic paint, leather seats. Autopilot and Sunroof. Aftermarket I agree is personal style but I do believe the work I did makes it look much better, and there are buyers for that.

Btw, FSD is not usable at all right now and it won't be at least till end of the year, so as far as I know, hardly any new buyers are getting it their new cars. They plan to activate it later. Regarding AWD vs RWD, I have always preferred RWD as they are more fun to drive, but AWD is definitely more handy in the cold weather and wet driving conditions, which we don't encounter in SoCal:)

Good luck with your search!