Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Holiday Traffic: Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With all the new Superchargers added since last holiday season, and ~100K more Teslas on the road, I'm curious how the queues are looking this week. If you've had to wait in line to charge, please post here to let us know where the bottlenecks are located. Also, please share if you are finding the wait times shorter on the routes that historically have had problems.

With all the new Superchargers added since last holiday season, and ~100K more Teslas on the road, I'm curious how the queues are looking this week. If you've had to wait in line to charge, please post here to let us know where the bottlenecks are located. Also, please share if you are finding the wait times shorter on the routes that historically have had problems.
Corning is the most annoying of all superchargers.... always slow and few stalls

Dublin is a huge bottleneck, even though there are so many stalls, I often see long lines. Would be a good place for a second and even third supercharging location. They sell so many cars and owners like free juice.

I was in Corning, CA on Thanksgiving day (early morning) and it was empty but it was also basically in the middle of the night. I had no bottlenecks at any supercharger between SF and Seattle on Wed night / Thurs morning.
Good to know. That stretch has not had many upgrades.... does Grant's Pass still only have 4 Superchargers? I think Mt. Shasta was upgraded to 8 recently and they added 2 temporary stalls at Corning for the eclipse and they are still there as of last month.

• Informative
Reactions: dragonxt
Good to know. That stretch has not had many upgrades.... does Grant's Pass still only have 4 Superchargers? I think Mt. Shasta was upgraded to 8 recently and they added 2 temporary stalls at Corning for the eclipse and they are still there as of last month.
Grants pass has 8 now. Shasta is still at 4 but there are I believe 16 going in across the street.

• Informative
Reactions: EV-lutioin
I was at Corning a couple of days before the eclipse and it was empty. Not all of the pedestals were at full strength, which is another way to create bottlenecks, but that's another matter. Of course, a couple of days later, eclipse traffic, um, eclipsed that site.

Haven't encountered any waits this weekend. Oxnads, for example, was barely half full at most.

The Model 3s will ramp modestly for at least the next half-year, and then figure half the production will head overseas for the half-year after that. All will be well.

Reactions: EV-lutioin