Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 (June) Model X from Tesla - worth it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Price - $71,600 plus $2,000 for shipping
Mileage : 49,500 miles comes with 4 year/50,000 mile warranty
Features:
  • 100D Long Range
  • Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  • Red Multi-Coat Paint
  • 20" Silver Wheels
  • AP 2.0 with Full Self-Driving Capability
  • White Premium Interior
  • Carbon Fiber Décor
  • Black Headliner
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Free Unlimited Supercharging
  • Technology Package
  • Premium Upgrades Package
  • Smart Air Suspension
  • Ultra High Fidelity Sound
Also, wondering what does Technology Package include?

I have a June, 2017 model S. It's a great car, but 73k is a little steep for the older tech. The MCU1 isn't great anymore, and it's slowing down as time goes on. I'd definitely go for an S with an MCU1 in the 30-40k range, but the X still hasn't dropped in price yet.
With FSD purchased, isn't Tesla committed to upgrade the AP2 vehicles to latest hardware?

With FSD purchased, isn't Tesla committed to upgrade the AP2 vehicles to latest hardware?

They are. It's not a question of if, but when............ Keep in mind that the AP2 and MCU1/2 are separate computers. The AP2 -> FSD computer will be upgraded, which should enable "full self driving". The MCU1 will not be upgraded, and the jury is still out if you'll ever be able to upgrade it at all.

Reactions: JPUConn
AP1 was better when AP2 was new. I did extended drives with both and AP2 is superior hands down. AP1 is almost unusable in local roads. Only way that would limit me to AP1 is budget
I have both AP1 and AP3 and have to disagree with your comment. AP1 is outstanding on local roads and we use it all the time with zero issues plus it is smoother on the highway. AP1 never has the AP2/AP2.5/AP3 "panic" braking events when it sees highway signs. Tesla’s newer system has definitely closed the gap and I’m sure they will continue to improve it on newer AP systems, AP2 systems have also now been orphaned in favor of the 2.5 and 3.0 hardware. If they had continued to update the AP1 systems with the features they had promised "by the end of year" it would have been hard to beat but time goes on.

Reactions: jmcmill