Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Model X - Air Suspension Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys! My X is at Tesla Service as we speak. I initially received a message on the display stating my air compressor was disabled. Tesla Service said the compressor and valve block needed to be replaced. After the did that, they stated the front was still sagging so they now are saying the front air spong modules need to be replaced.

I have Tes;a's Extended Service Agreement. They have told me the compressor and valve block are covered, but they state the two front air spring modules are not part of the warranty coverage and that the total cost of that repair is roughly $2700 which includes the two modules at roughly $990 each.

I have read through my Tesla Extended Service Agreement and can't find where it states these air sping modules are excluded from coverage.

Has anyone else had experience with this?

Thank you in advance!

Blaine

• Informative
Reactions: Shaz
I have a 2017 Model X as well and I have not yet to use the Tesla ESA, though from my understanding it only covers "the repair or replacement necessary to correct defects in the materials or workmanship of most parts manufactured or supplied by Tesla during the coverage period" and would not cover wear and tear parts such as break pads. So my guess here is that they consider the spring as wear and tear. Hopefully your X has now been fixed. Your post is informative for me as I may run into the same issue as you in the future.

Hey guys! My X is at Tesla Service as we speak. I initially received a message on the display stating my air compressor was disabled. Tesla Service said the compressor and valve block needed to be replaced. After the did that, they stated the front was still sagging so they now are saying the front air spong modules need to be replaced.

I have Tes;a's Extended Service Agreement. They have told me the compressor and valve block are covered, but they state the two front air spring modules are not part of the warranty coverage and that the total cost of that repair is roughly $2700 which includes the two modules at roughly $990 each.

I have read through my Tesla Extended Service Agreement and can't find where it states these air sping modules are excluded from coverage.

Has anyone else had experience with this?

Thank you in advance!

Blaine
I would like to know how this story ended. I have issue with air suspension leak as well. From my understanding “wear and tear” is not related to suspension issue. My “used vehicle warranty” stay:

Normal wear or deterioration, including, but not limited to, seat, trim and upholstery
discoloration, punctures, tears, depressions, wrinkling abrasions or other deformations, paint
and glass stone chips, and similar items;”

I fight with them a lot about what is cover a what is not, but all legal documents about warranties written to leave lot of space for Tesla for interpretations.