Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 X 100D Six seat, 14k miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2017 Tesla Model X 100D with FREE UNLIMITED SUPERCHARGING
14,300 miles
Silver Exterior/Black leather interior
100kW battery - 295 mi range
Six seat interior

Enhanced auto-pilot
Tow package
20" wheels
Smart air suspension
Premium upgrades package
HEPA filter
Self-presenting front doors
Sub-zero weather features
High amperage charger upgrade

California Clean Air Vehicle Decal - Carpool/HOV Red sticker

No accidents. One owner. Never smoked in. Appropriate service at Tesla.
Autocheck Vehicle History Report, CarFax Vehicle History Report available

Attachments

• Tesla 1 - front open falcon wings.jpg
    Tesla 1 - front open falcon wings.jpg
    360.2 KB · Views: 116
  • Tesla 2 - Front driver's side.jpg
    Tesla 2 - Front driver's side.jpg
    337.2 KB · Views: 93
  • Tesla 4 - passenger side front.jpg
    Tesla 4 - passenger side front.jpg
    334.8 KB · Views: 86
For reference, we traded in our November 2018 MX100D (fully optioned, including FSD) - 6 seat in MSM/white interior with 18k miles to Tesla for $76k (upgraded to an equivalent Raven). Guessing the trade was worth ~$80k private party.

For sure I may be dreaming. So I'm happy to entertain offers and see what the market will bear.
And glad to hear from you all so that I don't prolong the miserable process of selling.
FWIW, I did look on kbb, autotrader, and craigslist to find a price... had to start someplace. I also looked at Tesla's used site...
For sure Tesla will low-ball, so I didn't even ask. They low balled my 2015 Toyota Highlander that I traded for this car... but at least they did ultimately match CarMax's offer. CarMax not an option for Tesla, as they are not authorized to sell Tesla's... so they're basically wholesaling it out to others.

That CA carpool sticker is only worth 2 months of less headache in CA... until the new buyer can acquire their own for $22. LOL.
The Free Unlimited Supercharging could be worth a bit to the right person...

Reactions: bnsfengineer
For sure I may be dreaming. So I'm happy to entertain offers and see what the market will bear.
And glad to hear from you all so that I don't prolong the miserable process of selling.
FWIW, I did look on kbb, autotrader, and craigslist to find a price... had to start someplace. I also looked at Tesla's used site...
For sure Tesla will low-ball, so I didn't even ask. They low balled my 2015 Toyota Highlander that I traded for this car... but at least they did ultimately match CarMax's offer. CarMax not an option for Tesla, as they are not authorized to sell Tesla's... so they're basically wholesaling it out to others.

That CA carpool sticker is only worth 2 months of less headache in CA... until the new buyer can acquire their own for $22. LOL.

GLWS!

Does the FUSC transfer? Can you double check and report back?

I thought only P100D had that back in the days before the 100D X’s. While they all came with free supercharging, I wasn’t aware it was transferable.

Looks like a great X!

I thought all X’s have self-presenting front doors.
Only X cars that have Premium Upgrades Package get the SPD’s. PUP is now standard in new X’s and therefore so is self presenting doors. PUP included more options in the past like cooled seats when PUP wasn’t standard. Cooled seats were available in Performance cars earlier this year when I purchased a new P100DL, it‘s the one feature I can’t do without and also purchased it in our new X5.

Pretty sure the sticker transfers with the car, and if you have the red sticker, that is the end of the line for that VIN. You are not eligible to get purple stickers. Someone will of course correct me if I am wrong.

OP... you may want to try Vroom.com for a more realistic price. I bought a used 2016 MX with 23K miles directly from Tesla in April 2019. Before I took delivery I use Vroom.com and they gave a real offer to buy the car within $1000 of the price I was paying to Tesla.

Carpool stickers: Technically, the carpool stickers don't transfer. CA DMV forces you to obtain registration that includes a decal number specifically to you. But a CHP is not likely to stop you, since they won't know. But... if you get stopped for something else... say speeding, and they look at your registration and it doesn't match your carpool sticker, you could get dinged with a carpool violation ticket too.
The color of the carpool sticker depends on when you bought vehicle and applied for sticker. Some of the white stickers were eligible to upgrade to red... as was the case for mine. Currently the red stickers are good until January 2022, and the purple through Jan 2023. But they may extend as they did previously.

Free Unlimited Supercharging: My build was 6/2017, but sold "new" to me with 500 miles on it in late Sept 2017. The transferable FUS was part of the offer of buying a demo maybe? I don't know. It was billed to me at the time as transferable. I've heard if it shows up in your Tesla account page that it is transferable. Mine does show. Maybe others have some experience with this?

Carpool stickers: Technically, the carpool stickers don't transfer. CA DMV forces you to obtain registration that includes a decal number specifically to you. But a CHP is not likely to stop you, since they won't know. But... if you get stopped for something else... say speeding, and they look at your registration and it doesn't match your carpool sticker, you could get dinged with a carpool violation ticket too.
The color of the carpool sticker depends on when you bought vehicle and applied for sticker. Some of the white stickers were eligible to upgrade to red... as was the case for mine. Currently the red stickers are good until January 2022, and the purple through Jan 2023. But they may extend as they did previously.

Free Unlimited Supercharging: My build was 6/2017, but sold "new" to me with 500 miles on it in late Sept 2017. The transferable FUS was part of the offer of buying a demo maybe? I don't know. It was billed to me at the time as transferable. I've heard if it shows up in your Tesla account page that it is transferable. Mine does show. Maybe others have some experience with this?
The inventory cars sold in that time frame were promoted with "Free Supercharging" but not "Transferable". If someone told you something different that is worth nothing in Teslas eyes. The cars that said ‘Transferable" in the account were just that and Tesla in their wisdom have removed that aid now. You would probably need to get something in writing from Tesla and even then it’s a gamble. I’ve gone through similar FUSC issues just buying a brand new 2019. Tesla can’t seem to implement the "Free" part even though I had it clearly added to my purchase agreement so there would be no issues. Tesla seems to be a big faceless corporation with no accountability that is only willing to point to another department and say only it’s not their responsibility.

Reactions: cucubits
I’ve gone through similar FUSC issues just buying a brand new 2019. Tesla can’t seem to implement the "Free" part even though I had it clearly added to my purchase agreement so there would be no issues.

+++++

TL;DR: Once you have a competent Tesla resource, treat that person like gold - they know how to navigate Tesla's systems and processes, which appear to be immature, inconsistent and a patchwork of people and spreadsheets.

We have purchased three Tesla vehicles and are in the process of buying a Powerwall (contract was signed in January 2019).

We bought our MX Raven and 6 days later FUSC was included on the MX. I reached out to our order adviser, who promptly assured me it would be added. I do believe FUSC is more an emotional perk than a financial one, but still - free is free. Keep in mind that I had 24 hours to return the car without penalty, so it was a real gamble to fully trust the word of a field employee. I had him send me an email "guaranteeing" that it would be added to my vehicle then waited. After a couple of weeks, he responded that it was approved and I would see it on my Tesla account screen. Of course, FUSC was not shown, and he had to go back to Tesla and escalate the case. After 48 more hours, he asked me to log back in and confirm -- sure enough, FUSC was added.

I'm convinced that a less-experienced OA would have given up at any number of points during this post-purchase transaction, and a successful outcome would have involved hours of my own escalation, explaining, hunting for the right resource, lobbying, etc.

FUSC.jpg

FUSC.jpg

Reactions: JamesBrown