Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Model 3 Brake noise (Front)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im having this click sound. Dont know if its normal, and only noticeable now that I use the brakes more in Wintertime. Took the wheel off, and seems like a small wiggle space on the brake pad? Anyone had this before? How was it fixed? Happens only as you touch the brakes, one click from both sides( front) I took a video but cant seem to post it

I had some weird clicking/squeaking sound from the front passenger side. Send to service center, nothing found but told to wash more.
Paid the diagnosis fee for nothing and want back home. Sound was persistent, I took the wheel off and checked the brake pads. The pad was dismantled... I think since I don't use true brake too much anyway so the Brembo break pad was just rusted and feel apart.
Ordered the pads from service center, got the diagnosis fee back. Changed the pads myself and called it a day.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
I had some weird clicking/squeaking sound from the front passenger side. Send to service center, nothing found but told to wash more.
Paid the diagnosis fee for nothing and want back home. Sound was persistent, I took the wheel off and checked the brake pads. The pad was dismantled... I think since I don't use true brake too much anyway so the Brembo break pad was just rusted and feel apart.
Ordered the pads from service center, got the diagnosis fee back. Changed the pads myself and called it a day.
Thanks for the reply! Ill remove the pads and see whats up with them. Just wanted to see if someone else also have the same problem before I take it further. What did you pay for pads if you don’t mind me asking?

I didn't have any noise, but after 3 years I noticed one pad on each side on the front was separating from the metal backing. Probably due to them not being used as much, water gets between the pad material and metal backing and they start to separate or crack. I replaced mine with NRS galvanized brake pads that are designed to last longer. See here NRS Galvanized Brake Pads - The Longest Lasting Brake Pads

Reactions: herbicider
You can grab a set of pads off Rock Auto for around 30 bucks:
I can't wait for the shipping. And I don't care about the cost sice I've sent the car to SC for check while I do have tools and skills to check myself. Time is what I cared. If I can buy time, I pay for it.