Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Model 3 Long Range RWD 21K Miles Red/Black For Sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2018 Model 3 Long Range RWD with 21K miles Multicoat Red with Black interior in excellent condition. Has Premium Package with lifetime premium connectivity, Extended Auto Pilot with Full Self Driving package and 18" wheels. The car is immaculate with no scratches - has Opti Coat Pro ceramic coating.Have been offered $40K for trade on a Performance 3. If anyone has a better offer I'll love to see it. The car is in SF bay Area.

Reactions: 07e92
It is now a 2 year old Model 3. Yes, he most likely would get more than $40k on a private sale but not by much.

Should be much better than that, unless its an early 2018 model
- FSD is a significant value booster
- Relatively low mileage, so 2 years more warranty
- Red is an extra cost color
- LR RWD aren't in production and provide the best range of any 2018 or 2019 Model 3, and range matters
- SF Bay area doesn't generally put down salt

I wouldn't be surprised if he can get in the high 40s, especially since Tesla set the wholesale price at $40K

Reactions: UCF3
For a 2018 RWD? Have you seen how much the new 2020 AWDs cost now? Why does everyone seem to think these cars don't depreciate? In any case, good luck with the sale, hope the seller gets what's fair for the car.
They depreciate just not as much as you’re used to with ICE cars. You keep posting what you think it’s worth in your head and we keep telling you what they’ve actually been selling for over the last few months.

Reactions: Reborn

Drive unit gears being allegedly tested in house by Tesla have nothing in common with the statement that these cars overall last that long.

I'm not saying these fall apart as soon as a similar ICE car would but they also don't keep their value as high as some wish they would.

In any case, this is not the place to discuss this, didn't mean to derail this thread, I only wanted to state my opinion since it's not an actual for sale ad while the OP is waiting for offers. This is not ebay.

• Disagree
Reactions: PhilDavid
IMG_1774.jpg
IMG_1775.jpg
IMG_1776.jpg
IMG_1774.jpg IMG_1775.jpg IMG_1776.jpg IMG_1777.jpg
IMG_1777.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: IdaX and UCF3
Gasoline taxis can last well beyond one million miles in brutal stop and go city driving but are usually sold in the 600 to 700,000 mile area because they just get beat up and customers pay good money to ride in them. Taxi miles are hard and not test steady state high mile running. I’m not knocking Tesla cars because we have several now and we plan to continue to buy more. Showing off a million mile drive unit though is really just marketing hype by Elon for potential buyers that don’t understand the actual potential of ICE drivetrains. If drivetrains are maintained it doesn’t matter if they are EV or ICE drives. If you have ever seen a 2 million over the road mile truck transmission you might be surprised because they can look just like brand new internally.

Last edited: