Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, picked up my Model S, it is awesome! (especially compared to my Model 3) The AC in my Model 3 was horribly inadequate. I had it in for service multiple times and Tesla would never admit, or could not figure out, what was wrong with it. The M3 loaners they gave me worked great, blew lots of cold air, but not mine and even when confronted with this fact, they would say crap like "its to spec".
Tesla gave me $31,400 for the M3, and considering no hassle and the plummet in value the Model 3's will now suffer with new Highland Model 3 shipments imminent, I was happy to take it. That price also included transferring FSD to my new Model S
Yes, I took a bath, paid $48K for the M3 1 year and 4 months ago, but happy to move on.

Reactions: bnsfengineer
WelI, I mean… I keep hearing the whole ‘Highland’ update is imminent. Like, people have been saying that for months, and it hasn’t happened. I understand it’s all speculation, but to say it’s imminent doesn’t really show its trajectory. I will agree with you on one thing, that I see a lot of people dumping 2018 M3’s, likely in preparatory to upgrade to this new refresh whenever it does launch before the drop in prices.

What’s happening right now is, I feel like a lot of 18/19 M3 owners are sitting on their M3s and they can’t sell them. (Heck, even local dealerships who bought used 18s off owners, can’t sell them around here.) So they’re only option is to either to trade in, [which is definitely the lesser of the value], or continue to reduce the price privately, hoping somebody will buy a five-year-old version. But I also would say it’s market dependent on the region you live, if EV’s are trending or where this very little interest, like due to lack of infrastructure, ect.

OK, picked up my Model S, it is awesome! (especially compared to my Model 3) The AC in my Model 3 was horribly inadequate. I had it in for service multiple times and Tesla would never admit, or could not figure out, what was wrong with it. The M3 loaners they gave me worked great, blew lots of cold air, but not mine and even when confronted with this fact, they would say crap like "its to spec".
Tesla gave me $31,400 for the M3, and considering no hassle and the plummet in value the Model 3's will now suffer with new Highland Model 3 shipments imminent, I was happy to take it. That price also included transferring FSD to my new Model S
Yes, I took a bath, paid $48K for the M3 1 year and 4 months ago, but happy to move on.

With the transfer of FSD, you can consider the car worth $46.4K. Not a bad deal!

WelI, I mean… I keep hearing the whole ‘Highland’ update is imminent. Like, people have been saying that for months, and it hasn’t happened. I understand it’s all speculation, but to say it’s imminent doesn’t really show its trajectory. I will agree with you on one thing, that I see a lot of people dumping 2018 M3’s, likely in preparatory to upgrade to this new refresh whenever it does launch before the drop in prices.

What’s happening right now is, I feel like a lot of 18/19 M3 owners are sitting on their M3s and they can’t sell them. (Heck, even local dealerships who bought used 18s off owners, can’t sell them around here.) So they’re only option is to either to trade in, [which is definitely the lesser of the value], or continue to reduce the price privately, hoping somebody will buy a five-year-old version. But I also would say it’s market dependent on the region you live, if EV’s are trending or where this very little interest, like due to lack of infrastructure, ect.

the tax credit killed the used market especially for older ones (2021 and before).